What's new

iphone 4 help!!

davidzl1

Reaction score
hi, i dropped my iphone 4 gsm and i changed the lcd and digitizer all good at the moment, then i turn on the iphone and it wont detect the sim card, no wifi , bluetooth unavailable, no imei and camera wont open and a mesage appears needs restore.

davidzl1 said:
hi, i dropped my iphone 4 gsm and i changed the lcd and digitizer all good at the moment, then i turn on the iphone and it wont detect the sim card, no wifi , bluetooth unavailable, no imei and camera wont open and a mesage appears needs restore.

i'm no expert in this, but you might have corrupted the memory with a static discharge.

Hoping you did a backup can you get into 'SETTINGS ' and reset the phone back to as new? if so i'd hope it can set itself back from cloud.

i'm no expert in this, but you might have corrupted the memory with a static discharge.

Hoping you did a backup can you get into 'SETTINGS ' and reset the phone back to as new? if so i'd hope it can set itself back from cloud.

NEVER use the reset function in settings. In most cases it'll mess with your iPhone and create another problem. Use iTunes or RedSn0w to reset your iPhone to any firmware or factory settings. Always

willerz2 said:
NEVER use the reset function in settings. In most cases it'll mess with your iPhone and create another problem. Use iTunes or RedSn0w to reset your iPhone to any firmware or factory settings. Always

i'm always willing to learn :), what examples have you of messing up? i'm not saying you are wrong but it's the first i've read of it so curious.

neither of mine were JB'd. recently I gave the 4 to 'madam' who was having problems with an LG android phone shutting down, so having bought a second user 4s at a good prices, i wiped my 4 back to default with no issues, my phones (and so account) having business info and bought apps on it. (She has her own account now).

Stock iOS works great with a full data reset doing from Settings. Due it all the time when I am testing thing or developing apps.

Stock iOS works great with a full data reset doing from Settings. Due it all the time when I am testing thing or developing apps.

I've had a few bad experiences as well as witnessed a few when the iPhone in question was bulked with music and data. It took forever to reset and in the end, the iPhone started spazzing by not recognizing any wifi networks even with resets even though they were recognized prior to the full data reset. In one instance, the iPhone regularly had a panic.plist under the diagnostics & usage log, so ultimately we had to restore it using iTunes.

Interesting. I never put music on my phone. And I doubt my data takes up more than a gig of space at most. So that may be why I have never had an issue.

when i try to restore my iphone 4 a error 23 message appears

Does the iPhone 4 have any known hardware problems? If not, then try downloading the IPSW using a non-internet explorer browser. If that still doesn't work, then it's a hardware issue, most likely a baseband problem.

Skull One said:
Interesting. I never put music on my phone. And I doubt my data takes up more than a gig of space at most. So that may be why I have never had an issue.

bet you have the 64gb version too lol!

That's 7.7 more than what you should be having.... For shame :(

Actually I need to free space up. With 3 grand kids, I can shoot enough Videos and Photos in a day to fill that up.