What's new

iPhone 4: Error 3194

heyyitssteveo

Reaction score
2rms4s3.jpg

I get error 3194 when trying to shift+restore to a 4.3.3 ispw. I've tried everything on Google, no fix. Still gives the error.

27x1n2o.jpg

I tried to just restore/update to 4.3.5, though when it downloads it will finish...then it will give me "network timed out".

Any ideas on what to do?

OP
heyyitssteveo

heyyitssteveo

Reaction score
I appreciate the help! :)

I, unfortunately, am still getting errors. Depending on my computers state I get 1 of 2 errors.

1016 error:
1. All antivirus/firewalls are disabled
2. TinyUmbrella is on with TSS Server running. I have SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 as well as other firmwares saved.
3. When I run "TU" and open iTunes, shift+click restore and choose my custom 4.3.3 ispw it runs the restore past where a "3194 error" would occur. I see a loading bar with the apple logo on my iPhone. At the end of the loading bar, iTunes recieves the 1016 error.

Upon googling, I viewed that I must correct my "Hosts" file and delete any gps.apple.com (or whatever the coding) found within this file. If I do this AND turn off TinyUmbrella (what seems to be adding this coding INTO the file), I recieve the 3194 error again.

It has been a cycling loop of either 3194 or the 1016 error, which brings me closer to success, but still no victory over this hassle.

Any suggestions/ideas would be great :)

Thanks again!

Most reactions