What's new

Iphone 5.0.1 Jailbreak and 3194 Itunes error

joshdan78

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I really need help with this, have been stuck for the last 2 weeks. I have an iphone 4, running 4.3.3 (jailbreakme.com jailbreak), 4.10.01 and the phone is locked. I bought a genuine gevey sim from gevey.com, however they say I need a custom firmware. I have tried installing custom 4.3.3 and 5.01 but i keep getting the itunes error 3194. I have updated hosts file and followed all the latest posts. gs.apple.com is getting directed to the cydia server. I don't care if I end up having 4.3.3 or 5.01 but these are the only firmwares on this gevey sim I can have.
can you tell me how I can install custom firmwares without this itunes error and without upgrading to 5.1 as gevey ultra doesent support this firmware.
Thanks in advance.

In order to go to a custom firmware you need to have a pre saved SHSH blob of that firmware. As far as i know Apple has stopped signing iOS 5.0.1 firmware go going to that firmware without a ipsw file right now would be impossible. Please check if you have one. There are many tools to save SHSH blob like TinyUmbrella, iSHSHit, etc just when you launch Cydia you will be notified what all ipsw files you have for your device saved. and also it is unique for every device.

Zubair is right.

Since you have been jailbroken on 4.3.3 you probably do have 5.0.1 SHSH blobs.

But first thing is first.

UNMODIFY YOUR HOST FILE!

Under no circumstances should you ever ever modify the host file. That method is old and completely unnecessary. Thy was the ore-iOS 5 days. Please change your host file back to the way it was or it will never work.

Second....you need to download Tiny Umbrella version 5.10.10. DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY VERSION ABOVE 5.10.10. You have been warned.

Open TU plug in device, click "Save SHSH". If 5.0.1 shows in the list then you can restore to 5.0.1.

Now download the 5.0.1 IPSW (or whatever IPSW you have SHSH for). Save it to your desktop.

And download Sn0wbreeze version 2.9.3 from ih8sn0w.com

Now open Sn0wbreeze, select the IPSW you downloaded.

Now make sure to select "iFaith Mode". This will allow you to select your 5.0.1 blobs.

(if you rely on an unlock then make sure to click the "General" tab and enable "Activate IPhone (Hactivation)" )

Then click "Build IPSW" then click the big blue next button.

Once it is done it will save to your desktop.

You now must enter PWNED DFU mode before restoring to any custom IPSW with iREB. Sn0wbreeze has iREB built in and directs you to use it after your IPSW is built.

Now shift+restore to in iTunes to the Sn0wbreeze signed IPSW.

Let iTunes do the rest and your good.

Thanks for the help guys. I have not upgraded higher than 4.3.3 yet. I have restored my hosts file to its original.
I have run TU and clicked save shsh, it only shows 4.3.5 (perhaps the original owner upgraded to this). unfortunately gevey ultra doesnt work with 4.3.5. How can i then upgrade to 5.01 now seeing apple are not signing it or Jailbreak using the current firmware on the phone 4.3.3 without using (jailbreakme.com) perhaps ultrasn0w or limera1n?

So lost for ideas. Thanks for your help

joshdan78 said:
Thanks for the help guys. I have not upgraded higher than 4.3.3 yet. I have restored my hosts file to its original.
I have run TU and clicked save shsh, it only shows 4.3.5 (perhaps the original owner upgraded to this). unfortunately gevey ultra doesnt work with 4.3.5. How can i then upgrade to 5.01 now seeing apple are not signing it or Jailbreak using the current firmware on the phone 4.3.3 without using (jailbreakme.com) perhaps ultrasn0w or limera1n?

So lost for ideas. Thanks for your help

If 5.0.1 does not show up then you have no choice but to stay on 4.3.3, or see if the unlock for 4.3.3's baseband will work on 5.0.1.

If would make sure "request SHSH from Cydia" is set so you are absolutely sure that you do not have 5.0.1 blobs.

Is your phone jailbroken now? If so, open Cydia and look at the top of Cydia's home page. If 5.0.1 shows beside "SHSH:" then you can restore to 5.0.1.

If 5.0.1 does not show up then you have no choice but to stay on 4.3.3, or see if the unlock for 4.3.3's baseband will work on 5.0.1.

If would make sure "request SHSH from Cydia" is set so you are absolutely sure that you do not have 5.0.1 blobs.

Is your phone jailbroken now? If so, open Cydia and look at the top of Cydia's home page. If 5.0.1 shows beside "SHSH:" then you can restore to 5.0.1.

Zig, Yes my phone is jb as mentioned with jailbreakme.com. I have opened the top of Cydia's home page there is nothing there, but on my 3gs it shows the firmwares. I def do not have 5.0.1 blobs and i have followed your recommended TU settings. My worst case scenario is just stay on 4.3.3 but jailbreak with another method other than jailbreakme.com that keeps my bb of 4.10.01, is this possible without using a custom firmware or using itunes?

Cheers

In order to go to a custom firmware you need to have a pre saved SHSH blob of that firmware.