What's new

iphone 4 durability

photo-53.jpg

I have this case. I highly recommend it. I "experience" the naked iPhone at home....and even then I use a white incipio bumper most of the time. I've seen the Griffen video and I don't doubt it's realism, but I also don't doubt that I could very easily let it slip out of my hand and crack into the most extreme spiderweb I've ever seen....all the while in the Griffen case!

Also, I'm planning on selling this iPhone if the ip5 is special. I can upgrade at the drop of a hat, (or iphone)! lol..I would not recommend venturing off of carpeted surfaces without the ip4 substantially protected. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
OJsakila said:
I have this case. I highly recommend it. I "experience" the naked iPhone at home....and even then I use a white incipio bumper most of the time. I've seen the Griffen video and I don't doubt it's realism, but I also don't doubt that I could very easily let it slip out of my hand and crack into the most extreme spiderweb I've ever seen....all the while in the Griffen case!

Also, I'm planning on selling this iPhone if the ip5 is special. I can upgrade at the drop of a hat, (or iphone)! lol..I would not recommend venturing off of carpeted surfaces without the ip4 substantially protected. Just my two cents.

But basically thats a otter' clone.

OJsakila said:
Absolutely! I just prefer this version of Extreme Protection.

Lol......I do too but my phone is nude at the moment. Had to let the phone breathe

iCrank said:
The griffen case is no different from the otter box defender

Think both have good/bad points, camera flap on the Survivor is a pia and the belt holder is near useless, other than when being used as a stand, while reports the Otter's outer case parts company with it's inner.

many gripe's with either will be subjective to user own personal preference, but not seen the Otter Defender being tested to such extremes - no way am I going to test my Griffin either :)

I see Griffin do a version for the ipad2, but i'm leaving getting that in abeyance.

Loosing and smashing my phone of my motorbike, highlighted a 'weakness', I keep all sorts of sensitive business info on my phone, should the last one have survived that data could be compromised if I could not have remotely wiped it quick enough when lost while in s tough case.

Just by chance I'd moved it into a cheap leather case for the day, as I was not working.

The glass is supposed to be scratch resistant, not indestructable.

Make that a "suppose" to be scratch resistant. I have tiny scratches all over the screen of mine. Not a problem tho as they are only noticeable if you look for them.

Yes Antisominc, iphone 4 is consisting screen made from glass that is used in helicopters and a stainless steel body. It itself gives a damm hot look. So what’s the need to have a case for it? But yes for keeping it scratch proof, you can have it

Yes Antisominc, iphone 4 is consisting screen made from glass that is used in helicopters and a stainless steel body. It itself gives a damm hot look. So what’s the need to have a case for it? But yes for keeping it scratch proof, you can have it

Great Username! Without a doubt the premiere prototype bad*edited* NFL running back!

Last edited by a moderator:
i dropped my naked iPhone 4 from 5 feet and nothing happened. i once also dropped my old iphone 3G and also nothing happend. guess i was just lucky :)

i dropped my naked iPhone 4 from 5 feet and nothing happened. i once also dropped my old iphone 3G and also nothing happend. guess i was just lucky :)

Yes, very lucky. Don't let it run out!

yah that is true, Apple states on its website that the iPhone 4’s glass shell is made from the same materials used in helicopters and high-speed trains. According to the phone’s makers, “The Retina display glass is chemically strengthened to be harder, more scratch resistant, and more durable than ever.”

but when someone tried to test the durability of iphone 4 buy dropping it 2 times for about 1 meter. the phone got off, then they tried again 4 - 5 times the phone got shattered and turn off..

this video link shows how the iphone4 got shattered after 4-5 times being drop for about 1 meter high..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7-OBoDFeDY&feature=player_embedded]iPhone 4 Drop Test by iFixYouri.com - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7-OBoDFeDY&feature=player_embedded"][/ame]