What's new

Best Screen Protector Cases for the iPhone 4S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crissco

Reaction score
Basically what im looking for is a sleek protector case for the Iphone 4S.

I dont want one of those big bulky cases that you have to clip on, i want something durable, shatter resistant, that still lets the iPhone keep its good looks and fits easily in my pocket.

Any recommendations?

Their are thousands of cases and slips available.

Some of my friends like the otter box or the griffin survivor military cases but like you i find them too bulky.

I use the apple bumper and lucky labs strips to protect the steel antenna band from rubbing marks from the bumper and the sgp carbon fibre stick on back.

I really only use the bumper to add grip to this slippery sucker as i would rather go naked with it.

I prefer not to use the screen shields as after using both expensive ones and cheaper ones i found that i don't like the orange peel look some give, and the tactile feel they give too, but thats just me !

I also use a holster thats bumper compatible that clips onto my belt.

Take a look on amazon and play.com for more ideas.

Be warned tho once you start buying cases and bumpers etc you may find it hard to stop....lol.

Crissco, we don't guarantee shatter-resistance, but in terms of adding minimalist style, no bulk, and the most accurate fit on the market, check out dbrand inc. We make the most exclusive vinyl skins out there. $25, taxes and shipping included, for any skin we offer.

**edit: sorry, didn't know we weren't supposed to link to outside pages, links removed.

Last edited:
Just picked up the Seidio reveal holster and case. Adds minimal bulk, decent protection and very handy.

Thanks for the info guys, i was looking at youtube videos and reviews of Lifeproof and it looks like its exactly what i need.

Anyone here use the lifeproof case?

I have a love/hate relationship with my iPhone. See, in my opinion, the iPhone 4 is the coolest looking phone ever made. I hope they stick with this design forever (seriously - just upgrade the inside, but keep everything else the same... and yes, I know - that aint gonna happen lol). I love the sleekness of it. It's just amazingly elegant. Again, in my opinion, it's perfect.

That said, I think making the back glass is one of the stupidest things the human race has ever done. There is no reason for it - and it makes the phone impractically fragile. On a side note - I am fairly convinced - say about 95% that the white iPhone 4s has a plastic back, but I can't get confirmation on that, so anyway... But back to the glass back. Because of this insanely stupid design decision, unless you have a desk job - if your job is even slightly physical - then you run a risk of damaging the phone, even if (like me) you keep the phone in your pocket with the screen pointing towards your leg. So a case is needed.

Which almost ALWAYS ruins the sleekness of the phone. I have yet to find one that offers any actual protection of any meaningful kind (in, lets say, a warehouse environment) while maintaining the sleek lines the iPhone is "born" with. As far as I know, there isn't one - and FWIW, I have been searching for over a year, several times a week, sometimes for hours at a time (on the web AND in person).

The skins/wrap idea was my biggest hope - and now my biggest disappointment. They are stickers. All of em. They look FANTASTIC - don't get me wrong. But they offer exactly as much protection to your phone as an average bumper sticker. They are cosmetic only, and any protection they offer is incidental and possibly unintended... but I don't believe they offer any protection - period. Again, they look amazing though - if that's what you're after, then the skins/wrap route is PERFECT for you!

Please remember, all of this is my opinion - I'm sure others will differ. But in my opinion - you simply have to pick: sleek, elegant appearance but fragile and delicate - or - slightly less elegant "rubberized" bumper style (or similar) case that offers slightly more protection than a naked iPhone.... or encase your iPhone in the equivalent of a large plastic brick and give it (very near) invulnerability - at the cost of literally every ounce of sleekness the iPhone offers.

I myself am currently resigned to the rubberized case world... but I am always watchful for a better solution. I will check out the recommendations on this thread.

Take care,
Rob

Give us at least a 5 minute look, SupahRob. In terms of skins, we are a different breed than the "Kiddie Stickers" you find elsewhere. I dropped my phone the other day, and granted the skin got scuffed, but it was thick enough that the entire frame of the iPhone itself was fine. Apparently we're not supposed to put links to our pages (anti-spam purposes?), but our company name is dbrand and we have the official (dot)com.

Last edited:
You can check out life proof cases at best buy. They flimsy until you put the phone in it but solid then. Both my wife and I have and love it. When the 15 month old has sticky fingers I can just wash the phone in the sink!

Last edited:
There are hundreds on protectors available. Make sure you choose the right quality as low end guards can harm the screen sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.