What's new

4S versus 5 durability

iGrampa

Reaction score
My first post - be kind.

Recently, I saw an impressive video (YouTube?) showing the durability of the iPhone 5.
Both the front and back were stabbed with a knife repeatefly and no permanent marks.
The screen had been cracked (probably why it was used for the demo) but it took a lot
more hammering to crack the screen even more.

So, here's the question:
Is the iPhone 4S as durable as the iPhone 5?
Is it (they?) the same materials between the two?

Thanks.

People have been saying that the black iPhone 5 have been being scratches easily

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

It's not that it scratches easily. You just notice them because of the coat they put over top. You see the metal underneath. The white ones you can't see it. It blends more.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Kinda pointless to be stabbing a phone to test durability.....who's gonna be doing that? But anyway.... Carrying them around without a case and they both are more prone to damage if dropped or whatever. The 4S has the front and back glass that we know breaks and the 5.... Well you know.

Kinda pointless to be stabbing a phone to test durability.....who's gonna be doing that? But anyway.... Carrying them around without a case and they both are more prone to damage if dropped or whatever. The 4S has the front and back glass that we know breaks and the 5.... Well you know.

You haven't tried it!? That's the first thing I did when I got mine home! I shanked that sucker ;)

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)