What's new

iphone 4 charger voltage and amp specs

hthompson1

Reaction score
I have been looking for the specs on the 4 charger. I do see the battery capacity, but no specs on voltage and amperage. Any suggestions?

thats a good question, one i cant find the answer to on google or on the apple website

Right off the charger itself, 5 volts 1 amp.

I bought a car Charger and it states it is 2100mA and a 500mA. Which one would be better for iphone4s?

The most important number is the voltage .. it must be 5v

The next is the amount of amps that the charger is capable of supplying ... this must not be less than 1 amp (1000mA) in the case of a phone and must be greater than 2 amps (2000mA) for an ipad.

So in theory (cough) the greater the amps a charger can provide .. then the better quality / higher rated the components are, which should mean that it will have a longer life.

So the answer as to which one is better = if they are both 5 volt then only the 2100mA one is suitable

EDIT..

Just for clarification, as a lot of peeps get confused..

The voltage from the charger is very very very important.. (if in any doubt then always use a genuine Apple product)

If the voltage is correct then the phone will control how many amps (or parts of an amp) that it wants from the charger, so as long as the charger is capable of providing that amount of current (expressed in amps) then all is well.

Last edited:
can i charge it with this spetificatoins :
input:ac100-240v
50/60hz/0,1A
output:DC5V+-0,5V
dc500mA+-5A