What's new

iPhone 4 4.2 tethered jailbreak question

gibbo

Reaction score
If I'm to jailbreak my iPhone 4, can I safely restore it to factory setting if need be?

Thanks in advance

yes, just plug it in to your computer, and press the restore button and itll be back to normal with no jailbreak

Thanx for you help. Also I'm having trouble finding the restore 4.2.1 ipsw file which I've download to use with resnow. I've downloaded the zip folder which the ipsw file is meant to be in, and when I extract the folder, I can't find it!!??

Got past that part now :) but now another problem :( while running the jailbreak in dfu mode, it gets to the uploading ramdisk, then half way through, I get a error message saying redsn0w.exe has stopped working!!?? :( I've tried afew things but no joy!!

Any more advice, thank you for the help :)

Got past that part now :) but now another problem :( while running the jailbreak in dfu mode, it gets to the uploading ramdisk, then half way through, I get a error message saying redsn0w.exe has stopped working!!?? :( I've tried afew things but no joy!!

Any more advice, thank you for the help :)

what redsnow are you using i used 0.96b5 and it worked a treat it took a few goes but it worked after a while.

I'm pretty sure I'm using b4, could this b why? Can I ask is it the iPhone 4 ur using? It couldn't b anything to do with me using windows vista?

Can I ask where u get redsn0w 0.96b5? I can't find it :(

Right found it. Another problem though :( redsn0w b5 can't locate the 4.2.1 ipsw file!?, yet b4 version can?