What's new

Iphone (4) 4.0.2 Can it be jailbroken???

Redfish

Reaction score
:iphone4vert:Hello Ladies nad Gents, I think I have found the place I need to be to soak up loads of info... This is my first post here... Thanks for listening to my sob story....:iphone4vert:

I got my Iphone out of the box today and 3 hours later I went to jailbreakme.modmyi.com slid the bar and boom jailbreak was complete. I opened CYDIA and it asked for some kind of user/hacker/ developer things I chose user... all was good then.... cydia was asking to update so I let it and then it wanted to reboot... well I said ok and I never got my jailbreak back... I had an apple on the screen for 3 hours until I just had to go to the AT&T store they called the apple protection people.... well to make a long story short... I had to open Itunes plug in the phone hold down both buttons then let off one and it unfroze... but apple told me I had to update to get it to work.... shame on me now I am stuck with 4.0.2 firmware and cant jailbreak my phone... any helpful hints of advise will be greatly appreciated... Thank you in advance....James

My objective is to jailbreak or downgrade so I can jailbreak my phone... So no it has not solved my problem..

it can be jailbreak but it take time for the boss to do the crack....just wait....use the free app first....

banner.png

you can downgrade, i went to 4.0.2 and then i missed my jailbreak so i downgraded and the jailbreak still worked

So how did you downgrade? I've been trying for day's and getting no where but frustration. I know they say 4.0.2 only fixed the hole but I've been having various issues ever since the upgrade and hate my phone now. Would rather downgrade and jailbreak verses going into genius bar and have them check the phone for software issues. Since I always restore new it takes too long to load the over 1200 app's I keep on phone.

John T. Snelson V

so what your saying is that all i have to do is go in to the menues and reset settings??? can someone please tell me how to downgrade in a step by step manner... thank you...

Bellamri what free appp are you talking about???

follow this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgGOFDzOPwM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgGOFDzOPwM[/ame]

Doesnt seem to be working for me.... I am stuck....

Doesnt seem to be working for me.... I am stuck....

You have to download the ipsw file from that site and then follow the instructions. Don't forget to press the home button when you see the second iTunes connection screen on the iPhone. Then when you do
Connect to iTunes to sync choose not to upgrade

jailbreak is always possible apple will never and has never stopped it on any device or firmware. and now that its legal you will most likely see more commercial tools for unlock and/or jailbreak