What's new

Official - NO Jailbreak for 4.0.2 / 3.2.2

only thing im afraid of is that since 4.0.2 is not jailbreakable, apple will keep this firmware so it wont be able to be jailbroken in the future

lets hope that is not the case! sucks that i got my iphone the day AFTER 4.0.2 was released -_-

they said this rubbish last time and then 10 seconds later they jailbroke it... so dont let this news scare you or worry you

People please stop panicking. All this means is the DevTeam will focus on 4.1.
There will always be a jailbreak it just takes time. Sit tight guys, you won't be disappointed

I would think that they already have a jaibrake ready, but are not gonna publish it until 4.1 is released just to avoid apple to patch it with 4.1

they do that so apple dont patch up the next firmware and some times another group or person will release it any way

my iPhone 4 just shipped yesterday
I hope mine isn't 4.0.2 :( :( :(

I just had my phone replaced yesterday for a brand new one and it came with 4.0.1.

sorry to be the one to tell you but it will be with 4.0.2 but i have mine on 4.0.2 i dont care about all this jb, unless you need the unlock. but 4.1 is in beta and wont be long until its released i bet. beta is normally a few weeks then final release and dev team is waiting for 4.1 as they dont want to play cat and mouse for firmware that has nothing new to offer

sorry to be the one to tell you but it will be with 4.0.2 but i have mine on 4.0.2 i dont care about all this jb, unless you need the unlock. but 4.1 is in beta and wont be long until its released i bet. beta is normally a few weeks then final release and dev team is waiting for 4.1 as they dont want to play cat and mouse for firmware that has nothing new to offer

ooh I see
yeah for a second I thought 4.1 = 4.0.1 hahahaha

trying to understand all this stuff! I JUST was looking at the jailbreak thing. wanted to ask a question.. if I jailbreak ( biggest reason at least now), is so i could FT on 3g back home to family when away.. will the 3g be fast enough to do tis? I see jailbreak software that says I can then FT over 3g. but will 3g handle it?

NOW.. I wonder if I CAN jailbreak mine. How do I know which version I have?

dan

what are your opinions os jailbreaking? pros vs cons?

trying to understand all this stuff! I JUST was looking at the jailbreak thing. wanted to ask a question.. if I jailbreak ( biggest reason at least now), is so i could FT on 3g back home to family when away.. will the 3g be fast enough to do tis? I see jailbreak software that says I can then FT over 3g. but will 3g handle it?

NOW.. I wonder if I CAN jailbreak mine. How do I know which version I have?

dan

what are your opinions os jailbreaking? pros vs cons?

go to settings > general > about and your firmware is there, if its on 4.0.2 then you wont be able to until a jailbreak is released for newer firmware