What's new

iPhone 3gs wont charge all of a sudden, think i have tried everything

BLY

Reaction score
Hello

I have a tricky problem that came up this friday.
My iphone is a 3.1.2 jailbreaked with blackra1n. It is a tethered jailbreak so i need to boot it up with the coumputer every time i restart it. I have used it like this for around one year and it uses to chrash like once or twice every other month. Then i just jailbreak again and everything is fine.
This friday it chrashed again and when i came home i did the jailbreak and everything was fine. After a while when my battery was low i was going to charge it, but nothing happened. I tried booth in the wall socket and right into the computer. It is just the symbol with the flash and the wall socket connector. I tried to do the "hard restart" by prssing the on/of and home button. That worked one or two times and i could jailbreak the phone, but it still wouldnt charge. Now the battery is so low so i cant even get pass the chargin picture anymore. I charged it the night before as usual with no problems.
One more time after like some hours my computer started to search for drivers when i plugged in the phone, but it stoped after som seconds when it died again.
I have tried to clean the connectors, and i have also tried it in my friend port to go stereo and there is still the same sign. When he tried my charger in his ipod it charged as normal. When i tried another frineds old ipod charger the flash and the wall socket dissapered but the charging battery sign was still red and nothing happened.
I have also tried to charge it over a whole night and see if someting happens without any luck.

I think its really strange because i dont know if it depends on the hardware or the software. It seems like it gets some king of contact when i plugged in the old ipod charger and because i could restart it sometimes when the battery wasnt to low, but still its so crazy.
Hope you guys have some clue, because im dying here.

//Martin

Change the charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried booth iPhone, ipod and port to go charger and nothing works. It is still sthe sign with the wall socket and the flash. When i used the iPod charger the wall socket and the flash dissapered but it still didnt charge with that charger.

Now its working again. I handed it in to a local service center and they changed the connector and now the problem is solved :)