What's new

iphone 5s not charging after being charged to 100%

Saadi921

Reaction score
Hi
I put my iphone 5s to charge, in 3 hours when i came back to check it, it was fully charged but later that night when i wanted to connect it to my laptop it wasn't connecting so i tried different cables but still it wasn't charging however my other phone was chrging fine, then i tried putting it in wall socket charger and stil it did not charge. i tried rebooting the phone but that didn't work. now the phone is dead and still when i put it to charge it shows that i need to plug it in but it still doesn't charge. Anybody know what should i do? or do i have to get my battery replaced?

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Take a look at your charging port. Use a flashlight to get a good view. If you find any debris there, clean it cautiously. Use a clean, soft toothbrush, which hasn't been used before.

It's also possible that liquid damage prevents the phone from charging. In that case, take it to the next Apple Retail Store.

I cleaned the charging port & there has been no liquid damage at all.

i just tried cleaning it more and found out that there was indeed lint inside. now it does charge but only at a certain angle is there anything more i can do here?

i just tried cleaning it more and found out that there was indeed lint inside. now it does charge but only at a certain angle is there anything more i can do here?
That could be the result of faulty contacts in the charging port or a defective charging cable. Have you tried a different Apple charging cable? If a different charging cable makes no difference you may want to have Apple look at it by making a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store.

yeah i tried with different one and same angle is required

there ain't no apple store in Pakistan.