What's new

Iphone 3gs stuck in recovery mode

Janealams

Reaction score
Hi I was trying to upgrade my brother's iphone 3gs to 4.3.3 using redsnow I did everything right using this tutorial

Jailbreak 4.3.3 iOS Untethered Sn0wbreeze 2.7 Custom IPSW - iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad Windows [How to Guide] - Jailbreak 5 / 4.3.5 / 4.3.1 / 4.3.2 / 4.3.3 / 4.3.4 Untethered - iPad 2 Jailbreak

but once i clicked shift restore in itunes it gave me error 37 and now it won't come out of recovery mode I have tired everything but it's not working.

Is there a way out of it? Please help!

I did the same thing as described in this tutorial on my iphone like few months back and it worked fine.

Regards

I have the same question as Jmills87, did you save your shsh files and did you back up that phone in itunes? It sounds like you might have to do a fresh start. I hope all works for you and keep us posted.

I did back up my phone and how do i know if i saved any shsh?

I'm not familiar with the technical language of jailbreaking so please excuse my ignorance. All I was doing was updating my phone to 4.3.3 using custom ipsw. I did this process before I thought it would be straight fw but it turned out its not. Btw phone was already jail broken I backed it many times and was using old software 3.1.2 until i tired to upgrade it today!

You cannot update to 4.3.3 without the SHSH key for 4.3.3, if you didn't save it while Apple was signing the 4.3.3 firmware there is no way to update to that firmware now.

You cannot update to 4.3.3 without the SHSH key for 4.3.3, if you didn't save it while Apple was signing the 4.3.3 firmware there is no way to update to that firmware now.

How do I get my phone to work again? Is my phone dead now?

Please somebody tell me how can I turn my phone on. It's my brother's phone and he has all his business contacts and data saved in it. I don't mind if it rolls back to old software I would just like it to be on and running again.

Thanks