What's new

Iphone 3gs HELP!! PLEASE

Outrider

Reaction score
Hi folks, this is my last try at this unlocking business. 3 days and many hours spent with no success. :(

First thing I did
Used Redsnow 0.9.9b9d to jailbreak with stock ispw5.0.1. 3gs old bootrom (s/n 83941) BB ipad 6.15. I now have a working ipad touch so to speak. Boots up fine on its own and GPS works.
I live in canada and have a working Bell Sim card
Now I use ultrasnow through Cyndia to unlock but still "no service"

With Bootrom week 41 2009 I assume it's the old one. F0recast v1.3 says Jailbreakable "no" Unlockable "yes" use unltrasnow. Bootloader 6.4_M3S2

Did I do anything wrong so far?

Last edited:
If you updated to a stock iOS5 firmware you corrupted your baseband and you will have to reinstall it. In the future, whenever you restore you MUST use a custom firmware to restore. Restoring a factory firmware with the 06.15.00 baseband will corrupt your baseband every time.

Ok, so with redsn0w I used the "custom ipsw" button then "pwned dfu" to restore via Itunes with the custom ipsw which is supposed to preserve baseband. My problem from this is that I can't get past sim card activation. Same problem if I go with snowbreeze. Stupid sim card screen!
Any suggestions?

To hacktivate with redsn0w you just have to jailbreak the phone. In sn0wbreeze you have to use expert mode and under "general" there is a setting for activating. Otherwise if you know anyone with AT&T you can just use their SIM to activate it.

Anytime I use a custom firmware I get an error message a few minutes into the process. Whether it's with snowbreeze or redsnow.

After a number of tries and making another custom ispw and rebooting my computer finally it worked. Phone is jailbroken now. Only thing is ultrasn0w is not working. I get nothing from repo.ultrasn0w server.
Is everyone else having this issue with ultrasn0w?
If I ever get through this process of unlocking my 3gs I will create a step by step turorial on how to unlock a 3gs using BB6.15 with 5.0.1 for all those who are lost like I am.

I Finally did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Found ultrasn0w and phone is jailbroken and unlocked.
Thanks you so much JMills87 for taking the time to point me in the right direction.

A little good news..
I am able to unlock my phone and i can access cydia and other apps.

Bad news:-
Still, I am getting "No Service"
I am observing in Settings->General->About

Network - Not Available
Carrier - Not Available

After going to Cydia as "User" , I clicked on manage-sources-edit-add and typed repo666.ultrasn0w.com in the small http:// box that opens up and hit "add".

I have installed ultrasn0w 1.2.5 on my iphone.
But, still no luck with the carrier issue.It's saying "No service"

Please help

Last edited: