What's new

how to unlock iphone 3gs firmware 4.2.1,BB 5.15.04 ,bootloadeer 6.04

Robert20

Reaction score
Sorry for all the threads, I just joined and have many questions

i have successfully jailbroke a iphone 3gs using firmware 4.2.1,BB 5.15.04 ,bootloadeer 6.04 with redsnow and tried to unlock using ultrasnow but it didnt work.

is there any other process to unlock without upgrading the BaseBand????

preserving the baseband is for when you upgrade firmware like from 4.0 to 4.3.1 using pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze or tiny to preserve the baseband so you can then use ultrasn0w to unlock. redsn0w just jailbreaks,it does not do any baseband preserving. with redsn0w you have to be on the firmware already then use that to jailbreak. so you would use a tool that i mentioned and preserve the baseband that way before going on to using ultrasn0w to unlock. no point using redsn0w because those tools also takes care of the jailbreak part when you create the custom firmware.

So Unleashed, Is there a tutorial specifically for unlocking 3GS 4.2.1 baseband 5.15.04 in these forums? I haven't been able to find one, but perhaps I am not using the correct search parameters. My question is simple, really, but the answer might not be. How would I go about ending up with an unlocked 3gs running 4.2.1 with 5.15.04 baseband that I could use for T-Mobile in the USA?

Thank you all so much for your vast knowledge about all things iPhone. I jailbroke and unlocked my 2g using this forum and was delighted with it for ages.. now I've ended up with this 3gs that I can't use except as an iPod and organizer. I'd love to be able to use it as a phone! Many thanks for any help or direction.

So Unleashed, Is there a tutorial specifically for unlocking 3GS 4.2.1 baseband 5.15.04 in these forums? I haven't been able to find one, but perhaps I am not using the correct search parameters. My question is simple, really, but the answer might not be. How would I go about ending up with an unlocked 3gs running 4.2.1 with 5.15.04 baseband that I could use for T-Mobile in the USA?

Thank you all so much for your vast knowledge about all things iPhone. I jailbroke and unlocked my 2g using this forum and was delighted with it for ages.. now I've ended up with this 3gs that I can't use except as an iPod and organizer. I'd love to be able to use it as a phone! Many thanks for any help or direction.

Quick reply... no there is not since there is no unlock for the baseband your on.. the iphone 2g is unlocked for life since it stopped receiving updates years ago.. but it was easy to hack also it never took devs long to hack it..

you could jailbreak it for now..

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w

Before you can follow these instructions you must have a jailbroken iPhone and you must be on the 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00, or 01.59 baseband(modem firmware).