What's new

iphone 3gs display one bar signal in the network place

mastansaheb

Reaction score
Hi all,

My iphone 3gs display one bar signal in the network place. I am unable to do any out going calls and incoming calls. It happend after making below changes.
1. Opened cydia and installed Simanager.
2. Opened simanager then selected copied phone to sim option.
Afterwards i got this problem. I had tried with restart mobile and with another sim also but couldnt help.
Please help me.

Regards,
Mastan

Did you have signal before on the same device in your area

Hi Willer,

Thanks for your kind reply.
Ya, i have the 4 signals in this area before. So, i have tried to restore the os, but i got below error.
"The iphone software update server could not be contacted.
Make sure your network settings are connect and your network connection is active or try again later."

Please help me.

Regards,
Mastan

If that's the case, see if you have carrier updates available in iTunes. Plug your device in, and head over to your device's profile, then there should be a Search for Updates and a Restore button. Click search for updates. It usually results in one of three things:

1) It tells you you have a new iOS that can be upgraded to

2) Your carrier has new/updated settings that you can get onto your device (takes 2 seconds to get done and to take effect)

3) Both of the above.

If you have carrier updates, see if installing them, then hard resetting fixes the issue.

Hi Willer,

I have the settings which you are suggested to do. But when i am click to "check for update' option i am afraid to see the following error "The iphone software update server could not be contacted.
Make sure your network settings are connect and your network connection is active or try again later." but in fact i connected to network through wifi and browsing.

Reg,
Mastan

Hi Animalgame,

Could you please elobarate bit more about that simple fault.

Reg,
Mastan

Remove all Apple hosts from your host file, delete host.umbrella if you've used TinyUmbrella, and flush your DNS. Make sure iTunes is closed while doing so.

Hi Willer,

Could you please tell me the procedure to do it. i am unable to do it which you mentioned here.

Reg,
Mastan

If you can get somewhere that you can log onto wifi you should be able to do the update. It isn't letting you because you don't have data in range - the problem you are trying to correct is causing you to not be able to correct it. A catch-22

In Windows 32bit and 64bit, your host file is located in X:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

In Mac OSX, you can access your host file by going to Terminal, type in

Code:
 $ sudo nano /private/etc/hosts

Type in your password when asked to, and you can edit your host file.