What's new

IPhone 3g stuck at apple logo

mikee

Reaction score
Hi guys. i used the option RESET CONTENT AND SETTINGS on my iphone 3g. It took its time (the white bar below apple logo). but after that it just got stuck at the apple logo. i tried to put it in the RECOVERY mode but when i do itunes wont detect it. i also tried to put it in the DFU mode but it cant get into DFU mode either. I tried redsn0w but still no use. please i need help.

doh.... there should be a health warning on the RESET options.....

Start iTunes connect iPhone via USB... press and hold the"Power button" and "Home button" for a count 10 seconds....release "Power button" but keeping hold of the "Home button" for another count of 10....

iTunes should detect iPhone...

Bula said:
doh.... there should be a health warning on the RESET options.....

Start iTunes connect iPhone via USB... press and hold the"Power button" and "Home button" for a count 10 seconds....release "Power button" but keeping hold of the "Home button" for another count of 10....

iTunes should detect iPhone...

Or open itunes,switch the phone off.While it is off,hold the home button and then only connect phone to pc while holding home button until the connect to itunes screen shows.Then restore.

i have already tried that several times. but just as i said before if i get it into RECOVERY mode, itunes would just not detect it. and it also wont go into DFU mode. In RECOVERY mode the USB and ITUNES screen appear but itunes wont detect the phone??

Have you tried using Tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery?

dude i said i can get the iphone into recovery mode but when i do, itunes wont detect my iphone. Following thing happens when i try the DFU mode :

i press the power button, phone turns on then i press the home button and the phone turns off after a few seconds, now i let go the power button but keep on holding the home button, the problem is that the phone wont turn on again even if i keep holding the home button for a minute or two.

Dude you are doing the dfu wrong.Connect your phone to itunes.Turn your pc volume up max.Hold both power and home button together until hear the "putting" sound.As soon as you hear that sound,release the pwr button but keep holding the home button until the next "putting" sound.That'swhen it is in DFU mode.

ok bro, so here is what i did. i launched the itunes app. connected the usb cable to my laptop. and then turned on the phone and connected the phone with cable. but as i said that the phone is gets stuck at apple logo so it wont turn on and itunes cant detect it. :(

can it be hardware a problem?i mean that it might be possible that my data cable is damaged? it can charge the iphone but when i connect it to my laptop itunes wont just detect it, not even when the phone is in recovery mode?

If you can't enter DFU mode you will fail....use watch to time 10 seconds regardless if your iPhone is ON or OFF connect iPhone to iTunes via USB cable HOLD the Power and Home button for 10 sec>>>>> Release Power button but KEEP HOLDING Home button for a further 10sec... release home button... screen should be blank...if iTunes still does not see iPhone try pulling out USB cable then reinsert it... Good luck

Also try a different USB port on your PC