What's new

Accdentically Jailbreak the Unlock 3G, and Stuck on Apple Logo

Junaid

Reaction score
Hi,
New to iPhone, I accidently ran the limera1n on my unlocked iphone 3g, then as I was aware that I have done wrong I disconnected it from my PC while limerain was indicating my iphone was in DFU mode…., then I tried limera1n to recover it from DFU mode, but I wasn’t able to fix it and it had permanently stuck on apple logo. Then I tried unbricking. Then tired redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 Jailbreaking, with many PC restarts and plug-ins plug-outs of iphone, eventually I was able to complete the process, but in the end after some installations with pineapple cartoon, I again stuck on apple logo. Then I tried redsn0w again to use the option “just boot tether….etc.” but then I have stick again with a new pineapple logo. How can I go back to normal?

Do a fresh factory restore using iTunes. But you should know that iTunes will load in the device the lates iOS available to a 3g iPhone in that process. When iTunes finish installing a fresh iOS into the device, use redsnow to jailbreak the iOS, you will need an ipsw for redsnow and you can get the one iTunes download at this location:
You should first allow hidden file to be showed, you can clic organize >folder and search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show hidden files, folders and drives" when that's done go to
C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. In that folder you will find your the ipsw which was downloaded by itunes and used by itunes to upgrade your iOS. you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop. When you start redsnow and it arrive to step 2 browse to your desktop and find the ipsw there.

On a mac computer :
Home Folder/Library/Application Support/iTunes/iPod Firmware

Then follow redsnow onscreen instruction to jailbreak.

either re jailbreak so you dont have to restore or restore... if you dont have a recent backup just re jailbreak and the device will go back to normal so you dont lose and files or contacts..etc

either re jailbreak so you dont have to restore or restore... if you dont have a recent backup just re jailbreak and the device will go back to normal so you dont lose and files or contacts..etc
I have re-jailboken it with redsn0w, as I mentioned it in my earliest post and it is not coming back to normal. Eventually it sticks on apple logo.

Some guy told me that I have to use sn0wbreeze instead of redsn0w. I don't need any contact or apps, whatever it takes I need it in normal unlocked state.

Some people in my country telling me that, I have damaged my Iphone hardware or some chip or IC, is it possible?

I have re-jailboken it with redsn0w, as I mentioned it in my earliest post and it is not coming back to normal. Eventually it sticks on apple logo.

Some guy told me that I have to use sn0wbreeze instead of redsn0w. I don't need any contact or apps, whatever it takes I need it in normal unlocked state.

Some people in my country telling me that, I have damaged my Iphone hardware or some chip or IC, is it possible?
use the ipsw file downloaded to your computer by iTunes. You might be using a wrong ipsw file and so it always stuck at the apple logo after the jailbreak.

Just out of curiosity, how on earth does one accidently jailbreak their iPhone?

I meant, I was trying to jailbreak my Iphone 4, but accidentally plug the 3g instead of 4 and stuck in this situation. :)

Download iOS 4.2.1 for your 3G (Google), and download Sn0wbreeze for iOS 4.2.1 (Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: sn0wbreeze-v2.2.1.zip), open sn0wbreeze, drag the downloaded ipsw (4.2.1 for iPhone 3G), then press Next (blue button in the corner), then press on Expert Mode, then Next, then General, then Next, then tick Install SSH.
Note : Only if your device isn't factory unlocked, check the Hacktivate option.
Meaning : Factory unlocked : NO HACKTIVATE. Not Factory unlocked : HACKTIVATE.
Then press Next.
Note2 : If your device isn't factory unlocked, tick Install iPad Baseband. If it is factory unlocked, just press next.
Meaning : Factory Unlocked : PRESS BLUE BUTTON. Not Factory unlocked : PRESS ON "INSTALL IPAD BASEBAND", then press the BIG BLUE BUTTON IN THE CORNER.
Then keep on pressing Next till you find yourself in the original screen (where you pressed on General), then press on Build IPSW, then follow the on-screen instructions to enter Pwnd DFU Mode (Your iPhone should be plugged in), then open iTunes, hold the SHIFT key and press on "Restore", then navigate to the firmware you just made with Sn0wbreeze (it should be named something like "sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3G-4.2.1.ipsw"), and let iTunes do all the work for you. Voila. Problem solved.
Good luck.

In note 2, you are telling me that I have to click Ipad baseband, b/c my 3g isn't factroy unlocked, But I have read in some tutorials if we install ipad baseband, we never come back to normal baseband.

I'm afraid if I fail in this jailbreaking process will stick in new baseband problem.

Therefore if this Ipad baseband is not inevitable then I would I like to skip it. Can I?

I downloaded ipsw here:
http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-9853.20101122.Vfgt5/iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw

And using sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 I created custom ipsw with following options:

Mode was Expert
Then I selected General
I clicked background Wallpaper
And Activate this phone
And SSH

And root partition size was by default 800 MB; therefore leave it as it was.

And I unclicked the customs boot logos.

Note: Sn0wbreeze never gave me the option whether to install or not to install the Ipad baseband, rather it was indication it never and not will update the baseband.

I almost restored custom ipsw using pwned DFU mode without any simcard but it stuck in end and itunes indicating "verifying iphone restore", then I waited for an hour but nothing happened, so I put a local sim card (I don’t have AT&T or any other US sim) in it, wait again if it finihes, but still itunes was indicating same state.

Then I use Power and home button to stop this, now itunes indicating my iphone 3g is in recovery mode, it prompt me to restore. Now what I have to do?

Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate
Itunes 10.3.1.55
Gateway Laptop MT6821 Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz, 2 GB ram

@Junaid: if I follow you well, you are trying to load 4.2.1 ipsw into your iPhone 3g?