What's new

iphone 3G IOS5?

That is one good dream. But the 3G time is over. The 3GS will be able to handle iOS 5 for a while though.

So the 3G will not get IOS5 ? So I guess the last 3G firmware will be 4.2.1 which sucks lol

So the 3G will not get IOS5 ? So I guess the last 3G firmware will be 4.2.1 which sucks lol

Yes the iphone 3g could barely handle the ios 4.XX firmware let alone apple trying to put ios 5 on there but maybe also a little to get people to upgrade phones

Oh okay but I hope WhiteD00r make a custom firmware for 3.x.x Firmware so that it can look nd run like IOS5 just like they made for iOS4 in which I'm running right now

I wish there was some way to "flash" iOS 5 on the 3G. I could upgrade to the iPhone 4 or 5, but I really see no need to. My iPhone 3G is still working great! except the condition is awful.

If there was some magic way to do so the iphone 3g would take about 5 minutes to switch pages on the springboard lol.

If there was some magic way to do so the iphone 3g would take about 5 minutes to switch pages on the springboard lol.
Right now it takes about 3 minutes to slide through pages on 4.XX... That's why I'm rocking good old 3.1.2!

Right now it takes about 3 minutes to slide through pages on 4.XX... That's why I'm rocking good old 3.1.2!

lol exactly, now imagine 5.XX on the iphone 3g lol. I only tried 4.0 on the 3g but its supposed to have become more stable on 4.2.1? i dont know though i never tried it

lol exactly, now imagine 5.XX on the iphone 3g lol. I only tried 4.0 on the 3g but its supposed to have become more stable on 4.2.1? i dont know though i never tried it
You will notice more stability on 4.2.1, but its still ALMOST unusable for me...

i have a spare 3g that i just use for fun. i currently have 4.2.1 on it and it sucks ! my 2g with like 3.1.3 ran so much better. i think i might downgrade to it on the 3g, but i just recently found out about whited00r; so i think i might go do that on my 3g. and i agree with the idea of making a 3.1.3 whited00r with the looks of io4 w/ folder features and such

kingnba6 said:
i have a spare 3g that i just use for fun. i currently have 4.2.1 on it and it sucks ! my 2g with like 3.1.3 ran so much better. i think i might downgrade to it on the 3g, but i just recently found out about whited00r; so i think i might go do that on my 3g. and i agree with the idea of making a 3.1.3 whited00r with the looks of io4 w/ folder features and such

iPhone 3G with a case is amazing I recommend it !

Last edited by a moderator:
IDubbJay said:

Not that bad because my iPhone first generation only can upgrade to 3.2.?.