What's new

Ipad mini 3

orgulloso4202

Reaction score
I bought an used ipad mini 3, and I need to factory reset, but now it's asking me for original apple Id and password which I don't have. Does anyone know how I can remove old apple Id and use mine.

Send using Tapatalk on
Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720
WICKED X 10.8 Rom
Android Lollipop 5.0.1
Aurora Kernel

I bought an used ipad mini 3, and I need to factory reset, but now it's asking me for original apple Id and password which I don't have. Does anyone know how I can remove old apple Id and use mine.

Send using Tapatalk on
WICKED X 10.8 Rom
Android Lollipop 5.0.1
Aurora Kernel
It seems your iPad mini is activation-locked. This means it's still locked to the iCloud account of the original owner. Unless you can contact the original owner and have him or her remove the device from their account, you won't be able to remove their AppleID. There is no way to bypass this because it involve the device itself as well as Apple servers. What you have now is an expensive paperweight.

Send using Tapatalk on
WICKED X 10.8 Rom
Android Lollipop 5.0.1
Aurora Kernel
I'm afraid you can't. There are no ways of successfully bypassing the requirement for the original owner's Apple ID and password. This is called iCloud Activation Lock and is a security measure implemented by Apple several years ago. You'll have to get the seller to turn off Find My iPhone and remove the iPad from his iCloud account. It can be done remotely though his iCloud account on any computer. If you bought the iPad from eBay or used PayPal to pay for it, you can open an item not as described dispute within 45 days of the sale. iCloud: Activation Lock

I'm afraid you can't. There are no ways of successfully bypassing the requirement for the original owner's Apple ID and password. This is called iCloud Activation Lock and is a security measure implemented by Apple several years ago. You'll have to get the seller to turn off Find My iPhone and remove the iPad from his iCloud account. It can be done remotely though his iCloud account on any computer. If you bought the iPad from eBay or used PayPal to pay for it, you can open an item not as described dispute within 45 days of the sale. iCloud: Activation Lock
Thanks for the reply. I bought off Craigslist. Let me see if I can get ahold of the seller

Send using Tapatalk on
WICKED X 10.8 Rom
Android Lollipop 5.0.1
Aurora Kernel

Thanks for the reply. I bought off Craigslist. Let me see if I can get ahold of the seller

Send using Tapatalk on
WICKED X 10.8 Rom
Android Lollipop 5.0.1
Aurora Kernel
Please let us know if you succeed with the seller.

Please let us know if you succeed with the seller.
So I managed get a hold of the seller, and the scumbag is asking me to pay him $125.00 to release his apple Id from the iPad he sold me.

Send using Tapatalk on
WICKED X 10.8 Rom
Android Lollipop 5.0.1
Aurora Kernel

Did you check whether or not this iPad is blacklisted? Maybe it was stolen or lost, and he just tries to get more money from you.
I just checked the serial on Apple website and the Icloud is activated. I had it for a month but to be honest I never use apple products before and I had the password and everything. But it got lock so I tried factory reset and that when all the problems began.

Send using Tapatalk on
WICKED X 10.8 Rom
Android Lollipop 5.0.1
Aurora Kernel

iCloud locked means that the previous owner's iCloud ID is still connected with the iPad. You already knew that. Blacklisted is a bit different. When someone's device is lost or stolen, he can ask his carrier to add it to the blacklist, so it can't be used with one (or more than one) carrier.

If it's a Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad, use the IMEI to check if it's blacklisted. In that case, you can also ask your carrier.