What's new

Ipad Mini & ICloud

rws

Reaction score
Recently got my wife an IPad Mini and in order to share photos, etc we are using the ICloud. I have also started using it for Notes so as to sync them with my Iphone and try and wean us off Outlook which is not working all that well with our Calendars. I had to register for an ICloud Email in order to do Notes. Now any time I use Outlook for anything it prompts me 4 or 5 times for an email password. Anyone know why this is going on? Have no intention of using ICloud email nor do I use Outlook email.
Thanks,
Russ

Do you use your Outlook account for contacts? In that case, your iPhone needs the login information of the account.

Remove the Outlook account from your iPhone in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and add it again afterwards. This usually fixes problems with email accounts.

Do you use your Outlook account for contacts? In that case, your iPhone needs the login information of the account.

Remove the Outlook account from your iPhone in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and add it again afterwards. This usually fixes problems with email accounts.

I have no Outlook account set up for email as I have never used Outlook. Only started this problem when I had to do the ICloud email address.

What do you use Outlook for? You said it asks for your password every time you use it.

What do you use Outlook for? You said it asks for your password every time you use it.
I only used it for Calendars, contacts, and notes. Then when we got my wife the IPad Mini I found, for whatever reason, that calendars were not working. Upon doing some investigation on the internet it seems OL does not work that well and the new version (2013) is not supported. I decided to move away from it since ICloud has all those features, Notes, however, force you to get an ICloud Email address. When I did that I started getting all the prompts on OL. Just another reason to get away from it. I use GMail for my email. I guess I don't get the connection between ICloud and OL.
Thank you for trying to help with this.
Russ

As you use it for Contacts and Calendars, the account is set up in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars, with "Mail" disabled.
It should look like this:
image.jpg

At the bottom there, you'll find Delete Account (see screenshot). Use this to remove Outlook from your iPhone and add it again, also disable Mail, as before. Usually doing this will solve problems with accounts asking for passwords.

Hope that helps.

As you use it for Contacts and Calendars, the account is set up in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars, with "Mail" disabled.
It should look like this:
View attachment 18841
At the bottom there, you'll find Delete Account (see screenshot). Use this to remove Outlook from your iPhone and add it again, also disable Mail, as before. Usually doing this will solve problems with accounts asking for passwords.

Hope that helps.
There is no "OUTLOOK" in my Mail, Contacts, Calendars! I have NEVER used Outlook for mail. I have 2 mail Accounts. ICloud & Gmail. I get this goofy msg - P01-imap.mail.me.com when I try and use Outlook, It is asking for a userid & pswd. It locks up Outlook. Very frustrating.

I had been using it for contacts, Notes, and calendars. I finally got into it and deleted the Icloud email account that was there. I did not add it so I assume ICloud did. Anyway, that seems to have solved that problem. Thanks for your help.
Russ