What's new

iPad new user

angeliq

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S and iPad. I want to give the iPad to my wife and with her upgrade get her an iPhone 5. She's currently using Nokia n8. Can I reset the iPad and start as new with her own apple id and iCloud id. Will the serial no be a problem? And is it possible to do it? Basically I will then no longer use the iPad for myself on apple id and iCloud.

As long as you set up the iPad as a new iPad, and have her enter her Apple credentials. Alternatively, you can just delete your Apple credentials off the device as is, authorize her PC to be usable with the iPad, and you wouldn't even need a restore if there's nothing important on there other than a few apps and such. That's the lazy route :p

I work with both iPads and iPhones but my specialty doesn't exactly lie with iPads outside of basics and hacking/jailbrekaing. If you want more experienced help with iPads, definitely check out the sister forum @ iPadForums.net. We have a great team of mods over there that can provide you with more detailed instructions and help if need be as well.