What's new

IOS6 maps, The only let down.

Debreeze38

Reaction score
Outside of the horrible mapping of IOS6 the iPhone 5 seems to be crushing the competition in every other category!

I only used maps twice on my 4S and I haven't had an issue with it. I didn't use the old one though either because while it was a good search tool it really sucked when you were driving. It lacked voice guidance and the interface was terrible.

I understand that some people have had some issues but for me its been better than the old one. I still think it is flawed though because it requires a data connection which I DO NOT like. Its ok around town but I will be keeping Tom Tom on my 5 when I get it for any road trips I go on.

U dont need your garmin anymore throw it away the iphone 5 maps work as it should

How are the walking maps or any recommendations for apps that provide good walking directions?

I used Apple Maps to navigate myself from Southern Indiana to Pigeon Forge Tennessee without a problem. Also used it to navigate myself around the city on foot without an issue and took me right to the places I wanted to go.

New Apple Maps has lacked many things as compared to Google maps. The number one thing is Google's database. Apple Maps sources its location information from Yelp, which so far is less reliable than Google's offering. Also, you totally lose mass transit directions, which always existed on Google Maps.

I used the maps yesterday to drive up to a location in Taylor Mich and it worked perfectly for me. I bet with all of the complaints there will be updates for improvements shoved out very soon.

Last edited:
Apple maps also have worked perfectly for me in the suburbs of philly. It actually has my work address and house address in the right locations where as google has my house address all the way at the other end of the street and it has my work address over 25 miles from where it actually is.

Debreeze38 said:
This should be a cure all!

Open google maps in the safari browser and add it to your home screen and the problem is solved!

Open google maps in the safari browser and add it to your home screen and the problem is solved!

Yeah, that's what it told me to do but I couldn't figure out how to do it. :embarrassed:

It said press arrow but I don't know what arrow it was talking about.

Edit: Oh.....That arrow. Got it.

Last edited: