What's new

IOS6 maps, The only let down.

hookbill said:
Yeah, that's what it told me to do but I couldn't figure out how to do it. :embarrassed:

It said press arrow but I don't know what arrow it was talking about.

That would be the action button, the curved arrow which usually does anything that is not immediately apparent. Hold tight. I'll do a Skitch to show you.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

KevinJS said:
That would be the action button, the curved arrow which usually does anything that is not immediately apparent. Hold tight. I'll do a Skitch to show you.

Edit: just saw your edit. Never mind.

There's something else that's useful to know re deletions.

If its not obvious how to delete something, try a right to left swipe across it and that will usually bring up a red delete button. Touch it to zap. This works for emails and books and a whole heap of other stuff.

This is true of all iDevices.

Today Apple apologized for the shortcomings of The Maps App on their website's main page. Here is a link to that page.

Maps will be greatly improved and will rival Google Maps eventually.

I myself used maps to go to and from London and it worked better then my actual tom tom device, though I have google 3D maps in my car with turn by turn and I think that was the biggest problem for me with google maps on the iphone in that it did not have turn by turn and was just annoying to use especially if you where driving alone..... Though adnroid has turn by turn with google maps and so does my car but these new maps imo are much better now it has turn by turn and worked perfectly when I used it..

Also you can create a shortcut of google maps on your ios device that could be a good solution for some of you who are not having much luck with the new maps

The new app is better than the bold app if you are navigating to an address. It's just not as good as a search engine.

Just looked at 3D view of London and its very impressive. Pity the standard Satellite view for much of the country is awful.

Bossman

This is the worst navigation map I have ever come across. I gave it try today, coming from my friend's place to my house. House number, street and suburb were all entered correctly, the Apple map wanted me to pass my house number and turn onto the next sets of light where there is no road to come to my house. Also, if you just change a street while driving, the maps do not recalculate, it is stuck on the route that was initially selected. That is the worst of the worst.

But to be positive, the Apple Map is in its infancy, it can only get better from there, can't wait for the upgrade.

Last edited: