What's new

iOS5 and Quich Launch Camera

Nguyen35

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

iOS5 is supposed to permit a quick launch of the built-in camera by tapping once on an icon, next to the bar "slide to unlock".
My iPhone 4 is updated to iOS 5.0.1 but that icon is missing, there is only the regular bar "slide to unlock".
So what happens? Does anyone have an idea about it?
Thanks

Here is what I found on Apple site.

camera_icon.jpg
Camera

Capture the moment at a moment’s notice.

Since your iPhone is always with you, it’s often the best way to capture those unexpected moments. That’s why you’ll love the new camera features in iOS 5. You can open the Camera app right from the Lock screen. Use grid lines, pinch-to-zoom gestures, and single-tap focus and exposure locks to compose a picture on the fly. Then press the volume-up button to snap your photo in the nick of time. If you have Photo Stream enabled in iCloud, your photos automatically download to all your other devices.

Double click the home button to wake the phone up and it shows both the MP3 player controls and Camera icon. Single click is the old behavior.

While the phone is locked double tap the home key and it will show up

Domina said:
I didn't know this was a feature (<------ newbie) it is a cool one though :)

It was one of the most talked about. Lol. It was also the most forgotten.

It was one of the most talked about. Lol. It was also the most forgotten.

It's the little things like this that make me wonder why it took so long to switch over.

Domina said:
Lol, it doesn't take much.

Must've been a die hard bb fan converted over to android and now a iPhone fan. There's so much to learn about the iPhone.

iCrank said:
Must've been a die hard bb fan converted over to android and now a iPhone fan. There's so much to learn about the iPhone.

You got it &#128522;

Double click the home button to wake the phone up and it shows both the MP3 player controls and Camera icon. Single click is the old behavior.

It's cool, Thanks.
There is also another feature that shows up since the update: Whenever there is a sound emitted from my iPhone (Ringtone, reminder, alarm clock...) the light at the back flashes.
Whine I like it I would like to know how to switch the feature on / off.
Have an idea?

Nguyen35 said:
It's cool, Thanks.
There is also another feature that shows up since the update: Whenever there is a sound emitted from my iPhone (Ringtone, reminder, alarm clock...) the light at the back flashes.
Whine I like it I would like to know how to switch the feature on / off.
Have an idea?

Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> LED Flash for Alerts. Toggled it to off.