What's new

Is there any quick way to start the camera?

GB/T37853

Reaction score
I often want to take a photo or video on short notice and by the time I've tapped and waited and swiped and tapped and waited and swiped to start the camera, the moment has passed.

Is there some kind of app or setting or hardware product or anything that reduces the time needed to take a photo or video or at least doesn't require so much attention throughout the whole process?

I already open the camera from lock screen by swiping up but I often accidentally activate the unlock screen instead, and even then it takes a few seconds to start the camera app and you have to swipe again to switch to video mode. I know you can hold the volume button to record video in photo mode but if you time it wrong, it just changes the volume instead and I find the unpredictability of that too frustrating so I use the sliding menu instead.

Just tap and hold until you hear and feel the click, then release on the Lock Screen camera icon and the camera app should open in less than a second.

Just tap and hold until you hear and feel the click, then release on the Lock Screen camera icon and the camera app should open in less than a second.
Thanks but turns out iPhone SE which is my phone doesn't have that button :( Access features from the iPhone Lock Screen

There's swipe left on the lock screen to open the camera but it doesn't work on the unlock screen which you get if you mess up the swipe.

Thanks but turns out iPhone SE which is my phone doesn't have that button :( Access features from the iPhone Lock Screen

There's swipe left on the lock screen to open the camera but it doesn't work on the unlock screen which you get if you mess up the swipe.

Don't swipe then. Put a camera button on your lock screen. Download Themify. Then in the app, choose the camera button widget. Then follow directions for lock screen widgets. Works great. I just tested it.

IMG_3307.jpg

Jesus Christ no. That app costs $400 per year if you forget to cancel the 3 week free trial! Complete conware.

Jesus Christ no. That app costs $400 per year if you forget to cancel the 3 week free trial! Complete conware.

I'm not sure how much Premium is. It shows both $19.99 and $29.99 per year. But you don't need Premium for the lockscreen widgets. I don't have Premium. And I get most of the widget features for both homescreen and lockscreen. If it shows a full screen subscription page, simply dismiss it by tapping the X.

Oh, I must have seen that subscription screen and freaked out. :p Didn't know it had a truly free mode.

It's the weekly price that adds up to about $400 a year and that's what they threaten you with when the free trial ends.

Oh, I must have seen that subscription screen and freaked out. :p Didn't know it had a truly free mode.

It's the weekly price that adds up to about $400 a year and that's what they threaten you with when the free trial ends.

I never did a free trial. Just started right off with the free version. Some of the widgets do require Premium.

I had another crack at Themify. Finally got past the buying screen but can't find the camera widget among the hundreds of other widgets. There's a camera icon but you have to pay for that. I think it'll give up on this since it's clearly just a side effect of the app, not what it's really meant for. Thanks though.

I had another crack at Themify. Finally got past the buying screen but can't find the camera widget among the hundreds of other widgets. There's a camera icon but you have to pay for that. I think it'll give up on this since it's clearly just a side effect of the app, not what it's really meant for. Thanks though.

Open the app. Scroll to the Lock Screen section. Then scroll across to the battery widgets. Only those with a crown are Premium.
IMG_3527.jpg