What's new

Questions re camera apps

CelticRose

Reaction score
I'm considering switching from a Samsung to an iPhone. My biggest criteria is the quality of the camera and photos. I recently discovered that when you view photos that you've taken with iPhone 8+ and the iPhone X the photos don't "fill the screen" in Playback mode. Also, iPhones don't have the ability to take a photo using voice recognition (with the rear camera). My question is - are there any apps that will allow you to change the default picture ratio so the photos fill the entire screen during playback on the iPhone 8+ and the X? And any that will enable you to take a photo with voice commands? Thank you!

Since the aspect ratio of the sensor in an iPhone camera is not the same as the aspect ratio of the iPhone screen, the displayed photos are not going to fill the entire screen. The photos would have to be cropped to match the aspect ratio of the screen. this means that you'd lose some of the photo during this cropping.

Thanks for your reply! I've read online that some iPhone apps allow you to change the picture ratio so that each photo will fill the screen. Has anyone had experience with any app that has that feature? Thank you!

I don't know if there are any apps that allow you to take pictures by voice command, but there are apps that allow to take pictures in certain aspect ratios. For this, I would recommend the Adobe Lightroom mobile app :)

I'm considering switching from a Samsung to an iPhone. My biggest criteria is the quality of the camera and photos. I recently discovered that when you view photos that you've taken with iPhone 8+ and the iPhone X the photos don't "fill the screen" in Playback mode. Also, iPhones don't have the ability to take a photo using voice recognition (with the rear camera). My question is - are there any apps that will allow you to change the default picture ratio so the photos fill the entire screen during playback on the iPhone 8+ and the X? And any that will enable you to take a photo with voice commands? Thank you!