What's new

iOS4 Out Monday!!! After install post your first thoughts here!

yeap tomorrow, im more looking forward to thursday though lol, mainly because my 3g wont see all the updates lol

nope. i would try in the early hours of the morning first 2am then 9am if its not on there

nope. i would try in the early hours of the morning first 2am then 9am if its not on there

Hopefully they will release in the "wee hours of the morning"...I am sure it is going to be a TON of MB's and millions of downloads trying to go down at the same time...I can imagine the frustration people are going to have with the SLOOOWWWW downloads of the OS.

exactly, every one at the same time trying to download the file. if i dont get it i wont mind so much, but best time to do is as soon as its released. i will keep trying on itunes tonight and make a new post unless some one beats me to it :)

I believe 3.0 was released around mid-morning (central time) in the US. So i wouldn't be staying up...lol ;)

i dont remember the exact time i did upgrade i remember the jb they had it pretty quickly. i would always wait until late that day and try upgrade.. 2.0 i missed it completely i jumped from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1

Does the upgrade take long to download and install?

Depends on the apple servers and how fast your net is.... usually takes me 5-10min to download and another 15-30 to install. After that if your like me and have a bunch of stuff to sync thats another 45min. Hopefully this new itunes will speed it up a bit!

no only the ipod touch users gets charged for majour updates and maybe ipad? not sure about ipad but all iphones versions get it free well apart from the original iphone it does not get it at all

iOS 4 is free for all devices including iPod touch. It will be a little bit crippled though.

I downloaded and installed ios4 yesterday. I had to do a restore but everything worked like a charm. I lost a few settings but nothing big. Had it up and running with all my apps and email pretty quickly. Love the combined inbox. It's pretty slick.

I downloaded and installed ios4 yesterday. I had to do a restore but everything worked like a charm. I lost a few settings but nothing big. Had it up and running with all my apps and email pretty quickly. Love the combined inbox. It's pretty slick.

Wow you are the number one the whole word ….. or maybe you just use the golden release … like thousand of people … because yet (at that minutes is not available in the world as in Cupertino time we are the 20 june , not the 21)

I suspect he is a developer as it is not availalable any where unti 21 st USA time it's now mon 21st here 5pm so in theory it will be avail in Australia in 7 hours but ....... That depends if iTunes aust has it at that time. Will let you know.
Col down under

I suspect he is a developer as it is not availalable any where unti 21 st USA time it's now mon 21st here 5pm so in theory it will be avail in Australia in 7 hours but ....... That depends if iTunes aust has it at that time. Will let you know.
Col down under

Yep in Cupertino time is 21 01 morning la … i dono too when we will get it la