What's new

iOS version 5.1 iMessage bug.

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello forum members and guests,

I just wanted to share a little information on a bug that's inflicting iMessage on iOS 5.1.
Some users have noticed their iMessages haven't been sending immediately, or haven't been receiving iMessages correctly on iOS 5.1.

It's not officially been announced by Apple as a bug, but there's been enough people searching google for a fix on this issue.

The fix->>

First things first. If your on a wireless network, and your not on DHCP, or you have some type of manual configuration, then you need to write these settings down before proceeding with the fix.

Go to "Settings->WiFi->" and choose the blue little circle with the white arrow in it.
This will take you to your network settings. Write down everything, so you can get your wireless network set back up properly. I can't tell you what you need since I'm not on your network. :)!
If you have a password for your network, have it handy as well. If you don't know it, don't proceed until you have it.
Next step, go to "Settings->General->Date & Time" and make sure that "Set Automatically" is turned to the "ON" position.

When you've completed these steps, you'll want to
Navigate to "Settings->General->Reset" and tap the "Reset Network Settings" button.

Your iPhone should be getting a black screen , with the silver Apple boot logo. Under the silver Apple, a loading bar will appear. You won't be on this screen long. After its done, your phone will cut off and boot back up on its own.

The phone will now be missing it's network settings.
This is why I had y'all write down all that information earlier. Re-enter your network settings and password. You'll be good to go then!
This has worked for me, and I hope it helps out others. Please leave comments below of this has helped your iMessage issues on iOS 5.1!

Last edited:
Oh!! Really thanks for your sharing. You have solved my problem from which i have been suffering....Now my iMessages working perfectly.

Benson11 said:
Oh!! Really thanks for your sharing. You have solved my problem from which i have been suffering....Now my iMessages working perfectly.

Glad to know it helped! :)