What's new

iMessage and FaceTime show wrong number after SIM change

zanvetto

Reaction score
Hi.

Im writing because I need some help with my iPhone.

I have a Factory Unlocked iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.3 that I regulary use with my local carrier. Last week I was on vacation outside my country and I used a local SIM with a local number (it worked fine). Yesterday I returned home and switched back to my regular SIM card and it seems there is a mess with the Phone number, iMessage and FaceTime.

Let me explain: When I inserted the SIM the phone recognized the phone number without the Country Code (Insted of showing: +Country Code & Phone number its showing + Phone Number). I setup the correct phone number at Settings -> Phone -> My Number (+Country Code & Phone Number). The phone works fine but iMessage and FaceTime are not working because the number is not correct.

I tried to change the number but its greyout (no option to select it). I also reseted the network settings and tried to take out and put in again the SIM but nothing seems to work.

I dont know how to fix this issue. I will appreciate any help.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thank you.

Have you tried a hard reset?
Just hold down your on/off and home button at the same time and let go when the apple appears.
This can fix many glitches.

The issue continues...
Today I restored my company iPhone 4S iOS 8.1.3 and it started the same issue... the iMessage is showing a wrong country code number.
I tried to restore from a old backup and it shows the correct number but its not able to use it. After a while it changes the phone number (modifing the country code) and activates with the wrong number.
At this point I dont have any idea of what is happening.
Any help will be great.
Thank you.

Turn off iMessage. Then reset your iPhone and turn iMessage on again. If this works, you can try the same with Facetime.

Go to Settings - Facetime, and sign out of your Apple ID. Sign out in Settings - Messages - Send & Receive as well.

Make sure that no device that uses iMessage or Facetime is logged in to your Apple ID there. If one of them still is logged in in iMessage or Facetime, log out.

Then sign in again on your devices.

Last edited:
I restored the phone as a brand new.. inserted de SIMCard, activated the iMessage and shows the wrong number!,

Last edited: