What's new

iOS Apps Leak More of Your Data Than Do Android Apps, According to Survey

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
11612-data-leaks.JPG

AppleInsider reports today on a new report from Appthority that looked into the top-performing free Android and iOS apps, and which found that it was iOS apps rather than Android apps that got up to some slightly more “risky” activities! In particular, Appthority found that all 50 of the top free iOS apps, as well as 92% of the top 50 free Android apps, sent and received unencrypted data, with 60% of the top iOS apps tracking user locations, 54% being able to access a user’s Contacts, 60% sharing data with ad or analytics networks, and 14% accessing a user’s calendar. As you can see from Appthority’s graph, the Android figures for the corresponding values are slightly less than Apple's iOS, although not by much, it has to be said, for most of them. However, only 20% of the Android apps had access to user’s contact list, which is considerably smaller than iOS’s 54%.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] iOS apps leak more personal data than do Android apps - report

Wait a tic, I'm reading this on a free app!!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

nothing new android has always been a better/safer and crashes less than ios. it's only the iphone fanboys who think it doesn't. i wish i could i say different but i can't cause after all i am the truthseeker. and i will lie for no one.

Although, you will sit in the bushes, waiting for an article like this so you can pounce? ;)