What's new

IOS 7 question

Susib

Reaction score
I've just downloaded iOS 7 and everything seems to be working fine. Just 2 queries. I used to double click the home button to bring up the apps that we're open and I could hold them down and click on each one close them to save power. How do I do that in iOS7?

The second query is that my mail app pulled in over 4000 emails. On my iPad I marked them all as read and that's now ok. On my iPhone I did the same but it's still showing over 4000 mails unread.

Answer to your first question
Do a 4 finger swipe up or double tap home will bring you recent apps, you could just swipe them with 1 or 2 finger to close it.

Answer to your second question
That issue is due to some sync error. It's not a big deal.

To reserve power, turn off Background App Refresh. Generally, do not end the process for an app running, especially if you frequent it. Reason is that iOS has an extremely well developed resource management system, and often times, it uses more power to start up the app than to sustain the app. If you're not planning on using an app anytime soon (like for days or weeks), then simply open up the multitasker, and swipe the app up to end it.

Thanks for your help. I tried marking all the emails as unread then re-marking them as read and It worked until the next lot came through. Think I probably need to do some email housekeeping by deleting a lot of old ones from the server.

Glad my ? Was answered and didn't even have to search for it!!! Awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. Dcrymes84

But the apps are still running!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. Dcrymes84