What's new

Unread email notifications even though they are all read?

RipGroove

Reaction score
OK so I was trying out the new Mail feature where you can mark all as 'Read' or 'Unread', I first marked them all as 'Unread' then marked them back as 'Read', problem is that my Mail icon is now showing a ton of notifications yet actually in the Mail app there are no emails that need reading?! I've tried rebooting the phone but it's still the same:

8395d85e774910931891bca10bd2bf00.jpg

4d4ba8da3f5650f3de67153bf9bef45f.jpg

1c939302a2c88b671d947687d78993ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 

FYI I've also just tried turning Mail 'off', restarting the phone and then turning Mail back 'on' but I still have the notifications [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone 

I've also just tried removing my mail account from the phone and then setting it up again, and still I have the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone 

Sorted! I actually had to go to the web version of my inbox and clear them all there for some reason! I had to mark them all as 'Unread' and then 'Unread'.

Not quite sure why the iPhones Mail app couldn't manage to do that? After all it managed to mess them up in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone 

@RipGroove

Glad you got it sorted out. I was just playing with Mail trying to replicate the problem.

I wasn't aware of the new Mark All Read feature, which has been a long time in coming, so thank you for the info.

@RipGroove

Glad you got it sorted out. I was just playing with Mail trying to replicate the problem.

I wasn't aware of the new Mark All Read feature, which has been a long time in coming, so thank you for the info.

Haha no problem, go careful using it though as you might end up like I did! lol

Sent from my iPhone 