What's new

how do I mark multiple emails read or unread

smartappdepot

Reaction score
I have been a BB user for a long time but recently added an iPhone to my list of devices. Is there an easy way to mark multiple emails as read or unread.

As of right now I have been going through them one by one and its getting annoying. Most of these messages are automated alerts that dont need to be read.

Thanks for the help in advance

If they never need to be read you can select the 'Edit' button (before opening the individual emails) then mark every unwanted email by highlighting the little circle next to them, then delete them all

No need for an entire OS change ;)

Well don't need to be read but do need to be kept. Sucks that I have to jailbreak to do something very basic.

Not that I am against Jailbreaking, I am totally for it, just I have been finding the email client on the iphone very lacking in features.

well I work in IT and get about a 100 or so automated emails a day. If I wanted to delete them on the storm it was a matter of touching two points on the screen and highlighting the ones I want. I could choose delete, save, mark opened/unopened, file the email to sd card, or flag.

Also with the iPhone it doesn't have push notifications for email, so say I am at a meeting and someone refers to an important email they just got I look on my phone home screen and see no new emails. Until I open email the phone downloads the email. At best it will download emails every minutes.

There are a couple of other things like specific notifications for certain people or groups. I think the phone is very fun and does really have an app for everything. I just don't think its enterprise ready....yet....I hope

well I work in IT and get about a 100 or so automated emails a day. If I wanted to delete them on the storm it was a matter of touching two points on the screen and highlighting the ones I want. I could choose delete, save, mark opened/unopened, file the email to sd card, or flag.

Also with the iPhone it doesn't have push notifications for email, so say I am at a meeting and someone refers to an important email they just got I look on my phone home screen and see no new emails. Until I open email the phone downloads the email. At best it will download emails every minutes.

There are a couple of other things like specific notifications for certain people or groups. I think the phone is very fun and does really have an app for everything. I just don't think its enterprise ready....yet....I hope

Totally agree with you. I'm pretty disappointed with the email. The most annoying thing to me right now is not being able to set different signatures for different accounts.

I haven't had any issues with new messages pushing though. Maybe you have it set to manual? Go into settings>Mail. then make sure "fetch new data" is set to push.

Totally agree with you. I'm pretty disappointed with the email. The most annoying thing to me right now is not being able to set different signatures for different accounts.

I haven't had any issues with new messages pushing though. Maybe you have it set to manual? Go into settings>Mail. then make sure "fetch new data" is set to push.
Well turns out that it does do push emails just for all email providers. I use yahoo so it has to fetch rather then push. If I were to use gmail I heard it would push. Which is weird because on the blackberry you get push with any type of email service.