What's new

ios 6.0.1

mojosodope

Reaction score
Ok so there is a tethered jailbreak for ios 6, will it still work for iOS 6.0.1? I'm debating if I want to hold out till the untethered is released.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

You can JB Tethered w/ 6.0 & 6.0.1 on the iPhone 4 & 3GS. redsn0w, however, doesn't recognize 6.0.1 natively. So, you have to download the 6.0 IPSW and direct it to that instead of 6.0.1.

Like Justin said, iOS 6.0 and 6.0.1 are basically the same iOS. iOS 6.0.1 is a hotfix, meaning only minor changes were made to the iOS that has nothing to do with the iOS as a whole, so you'll be using the iOS 6.0 IPSW for both instances of jailbreaking. And on whether or not you should take the 6.0.1, that would depend. If you're on an untethered iOS 5 jailbreak, upgrading to 6.0.1 would mean you're moving from an untethered to a tethered, with no real difference in functionality. If you're on iOS 6.0, then go for it. You can either straight up jailbreak it on iOS 6.0 or update to 6.0.1 (using iTunes) and get the tethered.

willerz2 said:
Like Justin said, iOS 6.0 and 6.0.1 are basically the same iOS. iOS 6.0.1 is a hotfix, meaning only minor changes were made to the iOS that has nothing to do with the iOS as a whole, so you'll be using the iOS 6.0 IPSW for both instances of jailbreaking. And on whether or not you should take the 6.0.1, that would depend. If you're on an untethered iOS 5 jailbreak, upgrading to 6.0.1 would mean you're moving from an untethered to a tethered, with no real difference in functionality. If you're on iOS 6.0, then go for it. You can either straight up jailbreak it on iOS 6.0 or update to 6.0.1 (using iTunes) and get the tethered.

Redsn0w has the jb on their site right for the 4s? All I'm finding is for the iphone4

mojosodope said:
Redsn0w has the jb on their site right for the 4s? All I'm finding is for the iphone4

There is No jailbreak for 6.0 or 6.0.1 for the 4S right now.

There are no jailbreaks for A5+ devices at all on iOS 6