What's new

PSA: iOS 6.0.1 UNTETHERED Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well looks like the JB will be held off a little while longer as Apple just dropped Beta 5
Great, that makes me look like a < * Moderator edited to remove objectionable content in accordance with forum rules * > on the "other" forum. I'll never quote anything else I read on here until it happens:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. But to clear this up for somes of us slow folks. If we are currently on 5.1.1. Do we need to upgrade to 6.0.1 now and wait for the untethered jailbreak when it is released?

So I would need to download 6.0.1 IPSW and save that to my PC and then I can go to iTunes and upgraded to that firmware using the shift method?

No, you don't have to do anything right now. Stay on 5.1.1 and just monitor the situation, preferably on twitter following @pod2g and @planetbeing rather than believing something you see here. As long as 6.0.1 is the latest firmware for your device you don't have to do anything. The devs said they are waiting for 6.1 to be released so until that happens just stay at 5.1.1 where you know you can jailbreak.

Well on twitter just read the though its a beta it's not a true beta in the sense. Saw a retweet from muscle nerd.

No, you don't have to do anything right now. Stay on 5.1.1 and just monitor the situation, preferably on twitter following @pod2g and @planetbeing rather than believing something you see here. As long as 6.0.1 is the latest firmware for your device you don't have to do anything. The devs said they are waiting for 6.1 to be released so until that happens just stay at 5.1.1 where you know you can jailbreak.

Thanks. I don't have twitter so all my info is here. I'll stay on 5.1.1 untethered for now.

Like I said... It's the GM version just labeled as beta.

And you can't upgrade to 6.0.1 as apple isn't signing 6.0.1 so you'll have to upgrade to 6.0.2

Just got an update for iOS 6.1 beta 5. iOS 6.0.1/6.0.2/6.1 untethered will be postponed.

Status
Not open for further replies.