What's new

iOS 5 Syncing Lets You Use Your iPhone, iPod Touch, Or iPad

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA9J9FFqK18]YouTube - ‪iOS 5 Syncing Lets You Use Your iPhone, iPod Touch, Or iPad - iOS Vlog 437‬‏[/ame]​

Ever since 1.0, iOS 1(if you will), we haven't been able to use our iDevices while they were syncing. This was a problem because syncing takes a lot of time especially if you have to transfer a whole bunch of data. Apple has made syncing a bit faster since the iOS 1 days but you still might miss that vital call, SMS, or email while wired in. With the iOS 5 update, Apple has brought us the ability to use our devices while they sync. All it does is add a small indicator in the status bar so we know that it still needs to be plugged in. There are a few tweaks in Cydia that currently allow you to do this, but then again, there a lot of tweaks in Cydia that do many of these new features.

I noticed this last night. I was syncing and and got a text. I'm surprised this hasn't been brought in earlier...

That will be good to have if they don't remove it from the final version.

I hope not. I don't see why they would remove it. Worked fine for me last night...

yeah i noticed that first time when i loaded ios 5 on the 6th and it takes away the need for freeSync from cydia...

I see alot of apps and tweaks both from cydia and the app store biting the dust with iOS 5...

I hope not. I don't see why they would remove it. Worked fine for me last night...

Actually they did that with the multi touch gestures. It was present in the beta version and they remove it from the official release version for the iPhone. That's why I was saying that I hope that they don't do that again and yes one less tweak from cydia with the iOS 5 since there freesync will not be useful anymore.

Yeah but multi touch gestures on the iPhone are more or less useless due to the smaller screen. They tried it and it didn't work out. I can't see the same happening for the above...