What's new

iOS 5’s New Siri-Powered Assistant Said to be a “Game Changer”

I would LOVE to see your proof of that. I have been on the iOS 5 Beta since day one. Switched to it full time two months ago. There has not been one single bit of SIRI functionality in the Beta.

And considering this is your first post here, I will guess you are simply trying to stir a pot while having no spoon.

Siri is available on the AppStore. The interesting thing is that it got terrible reviews.

Siri is available on the AppStore. The interesting thing is that it got terrible reviews.

Not under iOS 5. I can't find it. This is getting rather interesting. Time to go find an iPhone with iOS 4 on it.

Not under iOS 5. I can't find it. This is getting rather interesting. Time to go find an iPhone with iOS 4 on it.

Don't even mind about it, I already try to find it in the apps store on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.5, there is no Siri or siri assistant in there, both UK and US apps stores.

I am angry. I have been using Siri on my iPhone 4 since I purchased the phone earlier this year. Now it is being REMOVED from my phone next week and I can't use it unless I upgrade. I think we should start a Twitter protest or something similar. Not the way to treat loyal customers!

What you're talking about is the 3rd-party Siri app from the iTunes store which is not the same thing as what was announced yesterday. Apple bought Siri and have fully integrated it into the operating system, it is nothing like what you are talking about.

TheBigGiantHead said:
its pretty clear on Apple's website as well as plastered all over this site....Oct. 12...1 week from today

Sorry I asked lol. But thanks anyway

carbrad said:
So I am confused. Will Siri be avalible to IPhone 4? I see that it is in beta. Will Siri be released with OS 5 for us IPhone 4 users? Looks great if it will work like it shows in the video. Have any beta testers had a chance to run Siri on IPhone 4?

Apparently SIRI requires the sped of the 4s. Likely will not work on the 4 unless some jailbreaker figures out a way. I refuse to jailbreak for my own reasons. However even though I am not yet eligible I will pop for the additional $250 to get this feature alone. Also note that Apple is paying up to $200 for an iPhone 4 (32 gig).

Ken

Ken how do you get the 200 and won't you have to pay full retail to Verizon since I have only had my 4 for 3 months. Silly to spend a lot of $ just to get Siri and a better camera.

If it was simply a better camera and Siri, I would agree. Thankfully the iPhone 4S also has a better CPU (dual core), GPU (dual core) and battery life.

Those three features alone make the 4S a desirable phone.

How about the forum start a section on Siri threads. I am going to want to follow the release and see if an upgrade is in the cards. Let's see how buggy Siri is after the 4S get in some members hands. May be worth trading up although only had my 4 for three months. Still don't understand how Verizon would let me get the new phone.

Just went online and see there already is a Siri section in forums.
Sorry

Last edited: