What's new

Apple To Start Mass Production of iPhone 5 Soon

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_parts.JPG

9to5 Mac reports that it has heard from a reliable source at Foxconn that the iPhone 5 has been seen at Foxconn, and that Apple will start mass producing the device very soon. 9to5 Mac says that much of the information it has received from the source bears up many of the details from other recent reports, such as the fact that the iPhone 5 will look pretty much the same as the iPhone 4, except for two main differences, namely build materials and screen size. According to 9to5 Mac, the iPhone 4’s back-glass cover is no more, having been replaced by a flat metal back for the iPhone 5, similar to that of the first ever iPhone from 2007. As far as the iPhone 5’s display is concerned, 9to5 Mac does not have any exact measurements yet, but they say that it will definitely be bigger, and they quote Digitimes as saying that it will be exactly 4 inches. It also seems pretty much a given that the iPhone 5 will have some sort of A5 chip inside. The source has not provided 9to5 Mac with a picture of a completed iPhone 5 yet (that would be quite the scoop if they had!), but they do have the above comparison photo showing the iPhone 5’s charging cable and those of the two versions of the iPhone 4.

Source: iPhone 5 prototypes spotted: metal back, larger display, iPhone 4 shape? | 9 to 5 Mac iPhone 5 prototypes spotted: metal back, larger display, iPhone 4 shape? | Apple Intelligence

I am kind of glad I jumped on the iPhone 4 bandwagon. One of the things I love about the iPhone 4 design IS the glass back. Makes it a truly unique device. I am saddened by the fact that they are moving away from it. I haven't owned an iDevice yet that had a metal back that didn't look like crap after a week.

I got the bumper and a vinyl stick on back for mine on day one. I got sick of the scratched backs on ipods and iphones. You can replace it cheaply and it always looks good but not as handsome as the fone on its own. Its a sexy looking thing. I'll be skipping the 5 i think and I wont be getting another ipad either. I'll replace them all next year instead

And I just got the iPhone 4 :( oh well I'm stuck with it for now.

And I just got the iPhone 4 :( oh well I'm stuck with it for now.

well you can always sell it later.. a lot of people sell their previous iphone to buy the newer one and some dont care what version or model it is...

but so you know apple release every new iphone in july and anounced it at the wwdc in june.. so far with every iphone its been like that..

This is much better news, than some that were predicting a potential September launch date!

Looks like Apple is on track for January...