What's new

iOS 5 and the battery issue

mach

Reaction score
Will updating to iOS 5 cause battery to lose its power quickly, or is it something to do with the hardware in the new iPhone that causes this problem?
I have an iPhone 4.

personally I have had no problems at all but apple are working on ios 5.0.1 that is supposed to fix any issues for those who have them

Will updating to iOS 5 cause battery to lose its power quickly, or is it something to do with the hardware in the new iPhone that causes this problem?
I have an iPhone 4.

The odds of the iPhone 4 showing an issue with iOS 5 are so low that I wouldn't even bother to calculate it. The number of reports on it are probably 1 for every 1000 for the iPhone 4S. And I still think most of the 4 reports are because of older batteries or people imagining their is a problem because they want to be part of the issue.

Thanks for the replies. I have so far been very satisfied with my iPhone's performances that I can't afford to have it be sent to for a repairment. The battery works fine, and it only uses more power when playing games on it which I believe its normal.