What's new

Ios 5.1

hescominruready

Reaction score
As anyone else been unable to contact the iPhone software update server? I've tried it wirelessly and USB via iTunes. I've unplugged router & modem, powered of computer. I have also tried to update via wireless and USB on my wife's iPad and iPod touch. Nothing has made contact with their server yet. Any suggestions? Are their servers swamped right now?

Did you update iTunes already? I had the same issue until I updated iTunes, turned off my computer then back on (Restart didn't work, had to shut it down for couple minutes then back on) & presto started downloading right away.

Yeah you should update your iTunes software on your computer.

I jus updated mine this morning and it took a few goes it kept loosing network connection -.- pain in the ass.!!!! And now my music is randomly stopping or wont play at all

I jus updated mine this morning and it took a few goes it kept loosing network connection -.- pain in the ass.!!!! And now my music is randomly stopping or wont play at all
Reinstall the iOS again.

bab2010 said:
Reinstall the iOS again.

That's my plan... I googled it and it said in one forum that the new upgrade has a bug in it that affects ur speakers... Would this be true?? I'm freaking out lol

Kassidy90210 said:
That's my plan... I googled it and it said in one forum that the new upgrade has a bug in it that affects ur speakers... Would this be true?? I'm freaking out lol

I updated my iPhone on the day the iOS was released using the ota method and have had no problems with the speakers at all.

enots27 said:
I updated my iPhone on the day the iOS was released using the ota method and have had no problems with the speakers at all.

Hmmmm what do you think it might b?

I haven't heard any major issues with 5.1 affecting the 4S's speakers. This user may be experiencing a hardware issue vs. a software issue. :)

darkstar2007 said:
I haven't heard any major issues with 5.1 affecting the 4S's speakers. This user may be experiencing a hardware issue vs. a software issue. :)

I took it to an iPhone tech yesterday and he thought it might b the sound board? He done a full software reinstall and it didn't work then last night it randomly started working properly again :/ do u think it will stay working or it will muck up again...

I took it to an iPhone tech yesterday and he thought it might b the sound board? He done a full software reinstall and it didn't work then last night it randomly started working properly again :/ do u think it will stay working or it will muck up again...

It's just hard to tell Kassidy90210......it's just hard to tell.

zig9449 said:
It's just hard to tell Kassidy90210......it's just hard to tell.

My phone his told me its playing up again :( lol looks lik it's off too apple it goes