What's new

Ios 5.1 jailbreak

jnlkml

Reaction score
I Have iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 tethered jailbreak, battery life stinks the past 2 weeks it barely makes it thru the day, I wiped it and re jail broke it once already, for other huge problems, but this time my battery and speed is horrible, any suggestions?

If you've restored it and the problem persists then it's most likely a hardware issue. Do a fresh restore to 5.1.1 and set the device up "as a new iPhone." Then see if the problem persists. Sometimes if you have issues and you restore from a backup, the issues come with the backup. Setting the device up as a new iPhone is the only way to know for sure if it's a hardware problem.

When I wiped it, I didn't restore anything I jus jail broke it again as a new phone

Most likely..., I have it plugged in charging

I have it plugged in charging. And I'm listening to music and the battery is losing charge, while its charging

Jmills87 said:
Ya, definitely a hardware issue. If the phone can't charge faster than the battery drains there must be something wrong.

Should I wipe it n set in back to factory n then try to get a replacement?

A lot of iPhone users who upgraded to 5.1 are reporting the same issue. I haven't seen a solution to it as of now. Probably, the next iOS will fix the issue.

Should I wipe it n set in back to factory n then try to get a replacement?

Yes, if your phone is under warranty restore to factory firmware and take it to Apple. However, you need to let the phone run for a few days before you take it in so that when they do their diagnostic they can see that the battery is performing poorly. If your phone isn't under warranty you can try replacing the battery yourself as Thomasjtsi suggested