What's new

iOS 11 Battery Drain

The software needs some time to settle in. The first hours or days, there’s a lot of indexing going on in the background, which might slow down the iPhone, or consume more power.

If you’ve updated recently, give it a few days.

My Messenger crashed several times between early Friday evening and about 24 hours later. It’s fine now. See if yours doesn’t work now.

After rebooting, it worked well. [emoji4] TY. I wonder if anyone else is still having Messenger problems now.

The software needs some time to settle in. The first hours or days, there’s a lot of indexing going on in the background, which might slow down the iPhone, or consume more power.

If you’ve updated recently, give it a few days.

Indexing?

Last edited:
Seems like I’m experiencing the same. But then again, I’m in a different environment than previous.

My phone has been heating up too. And the battery drain is a headache. I am using an iPhone 7plus

I’m having the same battery drain issues since IOS 11 on my 7 plus. Any solution yet?

The battery drain problem is now back when i updated from IOS 11.0.1 to later, can there be a solution for this?I am using a 6 S

The battery drain problem is now back when i updated from IOS 11.0.1 to later, can there be a solution for this?I am using a 6 S

As was said earlier, give the update 24-36 hours and see if the battery drain hasn’t disappeared. If not, one or more apps may not work properly with the new OS. Each update will tell you that.