What's new

IOS 10.0.2 issues and how email displays

hunter991

Reaction score
One of the big changes with the new IOS is how email is displayed (Exchange corp email). Our users are complaining and frankly i can't stand it either.

Is there any way to get it back to the way it was? Where you would get an email thread, and it would show up as separate emails rather than stringing them all together in one email? Its impossible on some longer threads to find an email to replay too down the chain. Also noticing they are not always in the right order. Its horrible.

IMG_5826.JPG

I agree, I find it cumbersome as I have more than one email address and it doesn't separate them, you have to scroll thru each mailbox list to get to the next email provider. I also did not like how it changed the way emails were threaded. At least that, I found could be turned off. If you haven't found it yet:

View attachment 28356
I agree, I find it cumbersome as I have more than one email address and it doesn't separate them, you have to scroll thru each mailbox list to get to the next email provider. I also did not like how it changed the way emails were threaded. At least that, I found could be turned off. If you haven't found it yet:
You can look at the separate inboxes for each email provider you use.
IMG_0709.JPG

Thank you. I just prefer the old way where messages showed up as separate messages not all open in the same thread. It was a terrible idea and hope they fix that next release. Users are screaming!!

Thank you. I was unclear. In each each email provider, I have over a dozen mailboxes. The new format makes me scroll through all of them to get to the next email provider. I find this tedious. Prior to IOS 10, I clicked on the name of the email provider, and got the list of mailboxes for that email provider

Thank you. I just prefer the old way where messages showed up as separate messages not all open in the same thread. It was a terrible idea and hope they fix that next release. Users are screaming!!
I agree with you and I have been able to separate my threads as shown in my picture.

yep, i made the changes, but if remember the old way in IOS 9x when you would select the email the threads would show up as separate emails that you would have to open individually. Even with this change, all the emails in the thread open at the same time. Its better but wish they would have left it alone. It was easier to refer back to one specific email.
thanks again for your help its appreciated.