What's new

Email App

cj 2.0

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm fresh with my new 4s today and was wondering if people here could give me a bit of info re the email app.

I am coming from blackberry and I use my phone for work. I probably get between 100 up to 500 emails a day and send out around the same. While the threading is great, I'm having a bit of trouble finding settings to change things to make the email app work really well.

In particular:

1. Is there a way to make received and sent items show up together, so that I can see all emails I have sent from my desktop and from the iphone in sequence with received emails? Standard feature in the blackberry since at least 2004 (when I first got one for work) so I assume it's here somewhere.

2. Is there a way to get the time stamp to show up properly in the email list. After a day is over, the time an email is received is replaced with the not so helpful "yesterday" or "Sunday". Blackberries always seem to have had the dates at the top (and not just days of the week, which are not nearly as helpful) and displays the actual time stamps on each email in the index, and I assume Apple has copied this in some way I can't quite figure out. While this system wouldn't be so much of a problem with less volume, once you add all this in it becomes a real struggle to find an email sent, say, last Wednesday mid afternoon. Is there some sort of aesthetic settings menu somewhere I am missing?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm fresh with my new 4s today and was wondering if people here could give me a bit of info re the email app.

I am coming from blackberry and I use my phone for work. I probably get between 100 up to 500 emails a day and send out around the same. While the threading is great, I'm having a bit of trouble finding settings to change things to make the email app work really well.

In particular:

1. Is there a way to make received and sent items show up together, so that I can see all emails I have sent from my desktop and from the iphone in sequence with received emails? Standard feature in the blackberry since at least 2004 (when I first got one for work) so I assume it's here somewhere.

2. Is there a way to get the time stamp to show up properly in the email list. After a day is over, the time an email is received is replaced with the not so helpful "yesterday" or "Sunday". Blackberries always seem to have had the dates at the top (and not just days of the week, which are not nearly as helpful) and displays the actual time stamps on each email in the index, and I assume Apple has copied this in some way I can't quite figure out. While this system wouldn't be so much of a problem with less volume, once you add all this in it becomes a real struggle to find an email sent, say, last Wednesday mid afternoon. Is there some sort of aesthetic settings menu somewhere I am missing?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, one more question - we get all our voicemail forwarded as wav files to email. While the phone opens it just fine, I can't figure out how to take it off speaker. Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks