What's new

inactivity wifi

felipearcaro

Reaction score
Hello, i have a question about my wifi connection.
When i'm connected and the phone continues in standby for a long time it has changed automatically to 3g, but then it returns to wifi when i turn it on.
There's a configuration for this?
Thanks

Hello, i have a question about my wifi connection.
When i'm connected and the phone continues in standby for a long time it has changed automatically to 3g, but then it returns to wifi when i turn it on.
There's a configuration for this?
Thanks
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

i'm sorry, but i searched for wifi inactivity and for configuration and found nothing :(

My 4S wifi also switches off when in range and in sleep mode but the cellular data 3G/Edge indicator doesn't appear. It probably does this to save power.
My new iPad doesn't do this.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

My 4S wifi also switches off when in range and in sleep mode but the cellular data 3G/Edge indicator doesn't appear. It probably does this to save power.
My new iPad doesn't do this.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

It is to save power, but in android there's a option to change this..

Ok, but on iDevices there is no option to allow wifi to sleep when there is no activity. You can either manually switch wifi off or switch to Airplane Mode.

Last edited:
5er driver said:
Ok, but on iDevices there is no option to allow wifi to sleep when there is no activity. You can either manually switch wifi off or switch to Airplane Mode.

I don't want wifi off when there is no activity, I would like that wifi keeps on always connected..

Last edited:
I've noticed the same thing and it's annoying. I can't see shutting wifi off and switching to 3g helping with battery life. I've looked for a way to keep wifi on but hav'nt found anything....I don't think there's a way to do so but if there is I would like to know also.

There is nothing that I know of for stock phones. However, if you're jailbroken, have a look at the tweak Insomnia. It's a free tweak (or you can get Insomnia Pro for $1.99, USD).

It allows apps to continue to run and WiFi to stay connected long after the screen has been turned off. It runs as a background daemon (you have a status bar icon) and it survives reboots and resprings. So, once you've turned it on, it'll stay on until you turn it off.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn