What's new

wifi not staying active.

01gtgirl

Reaction score
I just bought the I phone 4 and I have set up the wifi at both work and home. I find that when I enter either of these places my phone does not automatically read the wifi network. When I manually turn the network on everytime my phone locks it disconnects from wifi and i have to maually go back in and connect it. I have friends that have no problems and I have checked my setting against theirs and they are the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just curious: do you have a strong wi-fi signal? If so, and if your phone has already "learned" the wi-fi name and entered it, it should ALWAYS come on automatically. ........ unless there are other wi-fi networks in the area that may be causing confusion for the device.

I guess it has something to do with your location or ISP. If not your iPhone. Try fixing and looking into those first before having your iPhone inspected :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Just curious: do you have a strong wi-fi signal? If so, and if your phone has already "learned" the wi-fi name and entered it, it should ALWAYS come on automatically. ........ unless there are other wi-fi networks in the area that may be causing confusion for the device.

I do have a srong signal and my husband has the infuse and has no trouble staying connected. I am at a total loss.

I'm at a total loss too -- it should work. Dumb question: have you tried other local wi-fi spots to see how they react and work? At the library, Starbucks, McDonalds, etc?? Plz let us know how you resolve this.

I'm at a total loss too -- it should work. Dumb question: have you tried other local wi-fi spots to see how they react and work? At the library, Starbucks, McDonalds, etc?? Plz let us know how you resolve this.

Yes I did try other locations as well with the same outcome. I took my phone back to the store and they gave me a new one and it works just fine and it stays connected.

Glad you were able to get this resolved with a new phone! That would have made me batty!

Yes I did try other locations as well with the same outcome. I took my phone back to the store and they gave me a new one and it works just fine and it stays connected.

Excellent!! I wonder what Quality Control at the iPhone plant is up to lately!