What's new

WiFi issue

tazzclass

Reaction score
I have a Verizon iPhone 4S 32 GB not jailbroken. I always leave wifi on and it use to work great. Now it is starting to not pick up the wifi signal. When it is connected to wifi and it times out and the screen goes black i unlock it with a minute or two and the wifi pops right back on but when its locked for 5 minutes or longer when i unlock it it stays 3G and alot of times i have to go into wifi settings and select the wifi I am using to get it to hook up to wifi again. It never use to do this. I have not droped the phone. I am at a loss. Any help with this would be great. FYI this happens on my home wifi and at work on their wifi as well.

Mine does this as well. Ive found it happens when i get out of range of my wifi while the screens locked and im connected to wifi.

Go into settings on your iphone and choose the forget this network and then reset it back up.

The iPhone will drop wifi signal when it goes to sleep and auto connect to your 3g network signal.

I have tried that and also went as far as trying reset networks under settings and setting them all back up. It is almost like what ever part of the phone finds and hooks wifi up is old and tired and just doesn't want to work as fast as used to. Does any one think backing it up and then factory restoring it would fix this? I just don't think it is any setting of any sort. If so I can not find it for nothing.