What's new

in love with my iPhone

MasterBaker

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Steven and I've had my iPhone 4 for about 4 months now and love it more and more every day :)

I have noticed a problem though, my battery seems to be draining rapidly and doesn't last a day without topping up. I've logged out of iTunes, turned off location services and restarted it numerous times but with no luck so far!

Also I use the facebook app and whenever I log in it's very scrambled and I'm not able to see half of my friends status updates (not that they ever have anything interesting to say!)

Thanks
Steven

What is the iOS you are runing on the device? You will need to turn off "auto brightness" and lower the brightness bar a bit. Make sure your email a fetch manually. Check the service location and turn them all off except for map is you use the google map app.
As for Facebook, it has nothing to do with your device, Facebook is buggy and need to receive updates.
Welcome to the forum.

Hi, I'm Steven and I've had my iPhone 4 for about 4 months now and love it more and more every day :)

I have noticed a problem though, my battery seems to be draining rapidly and doesn't last a day without topping up. I've logged out of iTunes, turned off location services and restarted it numerous times but with no luck so far!

Also I use the facebook app and whenever I log in it's very scrambled and I'm not able to see half of my friends status updates (not that they ever have anything interesting to say!)

Thanks
Steven

Hello Steve how are you doing? good to hear that you are getting on well with your new iphone! the battery thing has always been annoying because when you really use it a lot then the battery drains so then you turn off the 3g or turn down the brightness of the screen as much as you can and it does last a bit longer but when you use it heavily then it still does not last a day even after doing all of that, though saying that i have never had a smart phone that has lasted me more then a day of heavy usage and needing constant top up, there are solutions though like little battery packs that will charge your phone not really convenient i know but also you get cases that act as a second battery they seem good but i have never tried one but twice the battery life sounds ok to me. i end up charging my phone every night and some times 2-3 times a day when i get hooked on a new app or game i buy from the app store and i have to leave it plugged in! even if its 99% when i go to bed i charge it because i know the next day how fast it will drain.

It might be worth trying a solution if you really need the battery and use your phone for work.

thanks guys.

I'm running iOS 4.2.1

The only concern is that I set my phone up months ago and have always had excellent battery life. Nothing has changed and yet in the last week the battery usage has doubled.

I don't run apps and I don't really use it that often - I give it a little top up daily in the car on my way home from work which was always fine but today for instance it has used 32 percent battery and I've sent 16 text message and looked on Facebook once.

I'll try all the battery saving tips and keep my fingers crossed.

thanks again guys

MasterBaker, please keep us posted in the future. I've had my iPhone for 8 months now and I can't believe the fantastic battery life I have. I use the battery down to 20% then recharge to 100%. This works well and occurs every third day, or so. All running apps in the task-bar are shut down, 3G and cellular data is shut off when using wi-fi, and I keep the phone away from excessive heat. Get back with us.....