What's new

In iOS 13.1.2 Reminders app, 'Repeat' does not work

Michael Graubart

Reaction score
I have updated to iOS 13.1.2. My phone is iPhone 7. Here is another Reminders problem: Reminders set to repeat monthly, daily , hourly sound a notification at the first set date and time, but do not repeat. This applies both to reminders. set before updating to iOS 13 and to new ones.

I read somewhere that turning Reminders off and on again in the phone's Settings > iCloud might fix this, but it has not fixed it in my case.

I have updated to iOS 13.1.2. My phone is iPhone 7. Here is another Reminders problem: Reminders set to repeat monthly, daily , hourly sound a notification at the first set date and time, but do not repeat. This applies both to reminders. set before updating to iOS 13 and to new ones.

I read somewhere that turning Reminders off and on again in the phone's Settings > iCloud might fix this, but it has not fixed it in my case.
My reminders repeat sound when I turn my iPhone off and then on. Otherwise, the banner reminder shows daily but no sound. But that has been how it has worked for me for a long time.

That’s interesting, but not my experience. First of all, a purely visual reminder seems to me useless. A reminder should remind one of something to be attended or done when one is not looking at an open phone, waiting to be reminded.

Before I upgraded, Reminders emitted both a visual and an aural signal, even when the phone was shut down, and did so on all repeats. Now it gives neither after the initial time and date.